My stupid question thread.

Are you taking Korean Air? I've used them for each of my flights. If you like curry type dishes, the Asian Vegetarian meal is always very good and is brought before the others. You have to reserve special dietary meals over 24 hours in advance. At Incheon go to the second floor to get a massage. It is very good. If you are too early for the massage before your plane leaves do pay for the shower and put a change of clothes in your carry on. You will arrive in China feeling good, shaved and odor free.

Actually Dan, it is on Asiana Airlines and stops in Seoul. I liked the idea of ariving in Shanghai at 10:30 am rather than in the evening like the other flights. I'll be in Seoul for 3 hours so I'll see what I can find there, but it will be around 5 am. :lol:

Robert, I'll bet the difference in fares is due to that supply and demand thing. With more traffic between China and the US and therfore many more carriers, they have to be competitive. How are your plans doing? You must be close to leaving yourself. :lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you mother feels better soon Robert,

It seems you've had your share of challenges but I think it's only going to make the good days around the corner that much sweeter. I've played a lot with the on-line travel sites and usually find not much of a jumb in price up to only a few days before travel. I wish you the best of luck with that.

You do NOT bring the personal stuff nor the I-134 ...  everything on the OF-171 is to be brought as well as the appointment letter...

The staff there will review and assemble the package and seal if.. If something is amiss, they will tell you, and in some cases can tell you how to resolve it...

Are we sure about the fiancial end?

Medical exam requirements (From GIV-8 Rev 8/04): "At the time of the medical exam, please bring all douments listed on form OF-171".

OF-171 copy I have lists the I-864. acw

You do NOT bring the personal stuff nor the I-134 ...  everything on the OF-171 is to be brought as well as the appointment letter...

The staff there will review and assemble the package and seal if.. If something is amiss, they will tell you, and in some cases can tell you how to resolve it...

Are we sure about the fiancial end?

Medical exam requirements (From GIV-8 Rev 8/04): "At the time of the medical exam, please bring all douments listed on form OF-171".

OF-171 copy I have lists the I-864. acw

jim is K1.. what are you, I don't see any timeline ?? So he doesn't do the I-864 yet...

edited: I see by your name you are cr1.. how about a timeline ! :)

I've seen that too. One day a certain price, and next day very high. :) The Korean carriers were showing expencive return flights due to heavy travel to the US from Korea over the months of June and July so I may just have to refund my return I booked, and go another way.

Well, I better get some sleep. Tomorrow I'm suposed to be the "expert" in computer firing controls for the pyro show. :blink:

Talk to you guys later.

I've seen that too. One day a certain price, and next day very high. :) The Korean carriers were showing expencive return flights due to heavy travel to the US from Korea over the months of June and July so I may just have to refund my return I booked, and go another way.

Well, I better get some sleep. Tomorrow I'm suposed to be the "expert" in computer firing controls for the pyro show. :blink:

Talk to you guys later.

I like your new picture !! :)

Talk to you guys later.

I like your new picture !! :)

Thanks. B) It's from TGI Fridays, Shanghai. :)

OK, new thought and don't worry, "just shut up and relax" or " don't worry about that" would be valid answers. :o

As it stands, we are set to arive together in GZ on the 13th, probably late afternoon. The idea was to go for her physical on 14th, and pick up results after one day rush on the 15th. Having the interview the following morning, that leaves little time to compensate for errors or deal with paperwork overlooked. What would we have to do, if for any reason, she did not have that envelope from the clinic on the morning of her interview?

OK, new thought and don't worry, "just shut up and relax" or " don't worry about that" would be valid answers. :o

As it stands, we are set to arive together in GZ on the 13th, probably late afternoon. The idea was to go for her physical on 14th, and pick up results after one day rush on the 15th. Having the interview the following morning, that leaves little time to compensate for errors or deal with paperwork overlooked. What would we have to do, if for any reason, she did not have that envelope from the clinic on the morning of her interview?

well, your confidence level must of sky rocketed after that one thread ! Your leaving yourself a very tight schedule.

if you didn't have the envelope, I'm going to guess no interview. Since the instructions say if the envelope is even opened before getting to the consulate, they'll turn you away.. it it's not there at all, I think it's obvious...

I think what you need is a plan with contingency backup.

1) Call the clinic ahead of time that you plan to go to.. Explain the short time crunch and the you MUST have the expedited service... [i've read where some clinics are so busy they cannot even give the expedited service some times.]

2) Get another clinic or two as backup , asking them the same questions.

3) Go the best clinic that will assure you of expedited service... go at the opening of the doors.. Ask if expedite can be guaranteed. If not, raise the offering price (by another 100 yuan)... or consider quickly calling another of the clinics on backup and ask them.. go over there if needed.

If a paper is missing or wrong, I think you'll be able to take care of it that same day.. I think the expedited service is the critical issue.

Good points David,

I know there is a clinic right near the Victory Hotel so maybe we will be able to find some of this out after checking in on the 13th. Every time I look into it I haven't seen of people having problems but the who knows the percentage of those that do.

Originally, the plan was thinking it was a same day service, but after learning of it being next day, I figure we are still OK. Guess we will plan to be first in line. :o

Good points David,

I know there is a clinic right near the Victory Hotel so maybe we will be able to find some of this out after checking in on the 13th. Every time I look into it I haven't seen of people having problems but the who knows the percentage of those that do.

Originally, the plan was thinking it was a same day service, but after learning of it being next day, I figure we are still OK. Guess we will plan to be first in line. :o

Putting together a few pieces of my notes, there is one occurrence of someone getting the paperwork back the same day (although no note if they padded the cost). Looks like it is the clinic your referring to (ie: by the Victory and near consulate), but the name I have is: Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel.

Just ask them and press the issue.. all they can say is "ok" or "next day"...

As your SO will readily know, if you can get them to an agreement, they will honor it...