Good luck to both of you!

The more Chinese we can have in Tennessee the better! :greenblob: :redblob:

Our AOS interview was in Memphis last December. It all went very smoothly. At that time the USCIS office was located on Sycamore, just off I-40. However, they told me they were going to be moving into a new office. Do you know if they have moved yet? :D

Again, hope all goes well. Hang in there!

Diana and I will be driving to Nashville at the end of May, looking for a place to live and work. I am from West Tennessee originally, but have not searched for Chinese stuff in the past. Could any of you other Tennessee Chinese people give me an idea of what to expect in Middle Tennessee when it comes to food stores and maybe even a real Chinese restaurant.

Diana and I will be driving to Nashville at the end of May, looking for a place to live and work.  I am from West Tennessee originally, but have not searched for Chinese stuff in the past.  Could any of you other Tennessee Chinese people give me an idea of what to expect in Middle Tennessee when it comes to food stores and maybe even a real Chinese restaurant.

I'm not Chinese Dan, but my wife is! :wub:

Seriously, while in Nashville you might want to check out an authentic Chinese food store. It'll remind you of your days in Changsha. I can't tell you the name of the place, but here are the directions:

Take 1-65 from either the north or south. Go to the Harding Road exit. Take Harding Road and go east for about three or four miles until you come to a big intersection at Nolansville Road (SP?) I think that's the name of it anyway. If it is not Nolansville, then it is close.

Anyway, take a right and go about a half-mile. The store will be on your right. They pretty much have most of the Chinese items you might be looking for.

Also, at the intersection of Nolansville Road and Harding there is a big Chinese restaurant on the northeast corner. It is not all that authentic, but the food ain't bad.

Are you coming back to Tennessee for the Catfish Races? :wub: <_<

Diana and I will be driving to Nashville at the end of May, looking for a place to live and work.  I am from West Tennessee originally, but have not searched for Chinese stuff in the past.  Could any of you other Tennessee Chinese people give me an idea of what to expect in Middle Tennessee when it comes to food stores and maybe even a real Chinese restaurant.

I'm not Chinese Dan, but my wife is! :D

Seriously, while in Nashville you might want to check out an authentic Chinese food store. It'll remind you of your days in Changsha. I can't tell you the name of the place, but here are the directions:

Take 1-65 from either the north or south. Go to the Harding Road exit. Take Harding Road and go east for about three or four miles until you come to a big intersection at Nolansville Road (SP?) I think that's the name of it anyway. If it is not Nolansville, then it is close.

Anyway, take a right and go about a half-mile. The store will be on your right. They pretty much have most of the Chinese items you might be looking for.

Also, at the intersection of Nolansville Road and Harding there is a big Chinese restaurant on the northeast corner. It is not all that authentic, but the food ain't bad.

Are you coming back to Tennessee for the Catfish Races? :blink: :lol:

The market you are talking about is called K&S. It is a multiethnic market but they have it all. I live just north of Nashville Not many chinese aroundhere and I haven't found aChinese restaraunt she will eat in. We do have a Chinese take out that is really good. My wifey says it is authentic but it is take out only.

I'm not Chinese Dan, but my wife is! :D

Are you coming back to Tennessee for the Catfish Races? :blink: :unsure:

The market you are talking about is called K&S. It is a multiethnic market but they have it all. I live just north of Nashville Not many chinese aroundhere and I haven't found aChinese restaraunt she will eat in. We do have a Chinese take out that is really good. My wifey says it is authentic but it is take out only.

Yep, that's the place alright. They do have just about anything you might want. We go up there every couple of months just for the heck of it. The owner of the local Chinese food joint here in Ardmore goes up there quite often, so we usually just have him pick up something for us if we need it. I am not a big fan of driving around Nashville. Way too many bottlenecks!

I lived in Miami for 15 years and figured that was about as bad as traffic could get in terms of craziness, but Nashville ain't too far behind.

Trigg, living up there in White House, you ought to head on over to Paris, TN for the annual Catfish Races. I am not sure exactly when they will be held this year, but you ought to check it out. Of course, Danswayne could probably give you the particulars, seeing's how he is a native of Paris. Tennessee, that is, not France.

I hear you can get inflatable sheep over there, too!  :blink:  :unsure:

In France?? Not in Paris TN-I have fished there before. why would anyone go to the gorgeous sheep capital of the world and try to get an inflatable one??? I'm takin ' mine back-won't hold air.

Mick, the mephis UCIS office is at 1341 sycamore-or at least that is where they told me to go next week. anything I need to know before I go???