How to text text msg to china cell phones

My fiancee just began a trip back to visit her parents.

I know in China that cell phones can easily send text messages to each other, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way I could send a text message to her cell phone using a website or email address? (i'm in the US)

I know here in the US this is very easy if you know the service provider, but I am not sure for cell phone in China how this can be done.

Thanks,

WuLongTea

Don't you have a cell phone? Verizon has text messaging with China. We use it everyday. I tried several services on line but none would connect to China.

Ditto, my SO and I text msg each other multiple times per day. I also use a cheap Verizon phone that is pay per use. Txt msgs cost next to nothing.

Don't you have a cell phone? Verizon has text messaging with China. We use it everyday. I tried several services on line but none would connect to China.

Ditto, my SO and I text msg each other multiple times per day. I also use a cheap Verizon phone that is pay per use. Txt msgs cost next to nothing.

I sent my wife SMS using Verizon from here, and she sent me SMS from China with China Mobile, in English. Verizon does not support Chinese SMS. I expect most companies will accept txt msg in English (meaning romanized).

SMS from here was $.25 I think it was 1 yuan from China.

I have spring PCS.

From my phone, I can connect to websites, such as yahoo, msn etc ..

When you send text messages from your phones, do you just enter in the other cell phone number?

You should be able to:

1) Select the number from a phonebook

2) type in a cell number

3) type in an email

You can use www.ipipi.com They are pretty cheap to use and you can use your cell phone, web, email from outlook, and and desktop. Try them out ... it works well for my fiancee but I also use text from Cingular as I have free text from them.

Ask your SO to register an account with her China Mobile or China Union number at one of the major Chinese portal websites, such as www.yahoo.com.cn, www.sina.com, www.sohu.com. Then get the user ID and password from her and you can send sms to her with her account through the website. I remember it only costs RMB0.1 per sms.