WeiQin has arrived in Yakima May 7th.

Wonderful!!!!

Welcome to the US WeiQin...

Let's see, what's next hmmm... your close enough, how about coming to the Oregon get together?

The next step has to do with what you filed, K1, K3 or ???

My So was K1. First we got married. Then we got her SSN, her Oregon ID and her vaccination supplement. Now this week we are filing I-485for her AOS and I-765 for her EAD.

Congrats on the most important step, getting her here. As one member said, I can handle RFE during the AOS.

Congrats James and Veronica!!

Don't know much about Yakima but I do know that most of WA is pretty nice!!

My only advice is to wait 10 days until you try to get her a SSNunber. We didn't and it took 4 trips to our local SSA office and hours of waiting!

Not positive how it is in WA, but she can probably get her WA ID card after she has her SSN. We are getting married in 13 days and are just starting to triple check our papers and forms and instructions for the I-485 and others.

Look in the Immigration Challenges link for topics relating to what to do after she gets here.

GOOD LUCK and enjoy your new life together!!!

Congratulations!

How did you guys know that the Yakima is in US without asking?

This name sounds like some city in Russia. :D

Where is Yakima? in WA?

Yes, Yakima is in Washington :D It does sound like the name for a city in Russia. But it is an Indian (Native American) name. Yakima is a beautiful area. We grow many apples, pears, cherries and peaches. We also have some of the best wine in the US.

Thanx everyone.