E-mailing GZ or calling DOS

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! Jennifer's interview is the same day as my husband's! Maybe they can meet up, will you be going too? I take it she hasn't received P4 yet - we haven't either, do you know when yours was sent?

Thanks to you and all who are posting here. I have been trying to get a hold of her as is her cousin so no, she doesn't know yet. I had e-mailed gz on Wed. so that would be Thurs there with no info uther than 2 to 3 months prediction from them, <_< to confirmation today. My guess is it was sent Friday unless they did earlier and did not tell me by e-mail. Maybe I'll e-mail GZ on Monday and see what type of response I'll get.

Oh and congrats to you as well! :redblob: :P :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob:

Yes I am planning to be there for the interview so I'm sure panic will set in once I realize how soon it's coming. As soon as Iknow for sure, I'll be happy to meet anyone who is there. B)

I think next week, I will send an email to GUZ requesting an update on our case. I know I will not get anything in the way of usefull info, but what the hell.

I'll send bi-monthly from now on, until mid July. Then on I think once a week.

After the first week in August, I think I will email daily.

I think next week, I will send an email to GUZ requesting an update on our case. I know I will not get anything in the way of usefull info, but what the hell.

That sounds like a good plan to me, I'm still hopful that GZ may actually speed things up after the move. They kept giving me lines about being patient, but DOS had told me of records of my inquiries.

by then, you should be out of therapy from 'visa anxiety separation'... B)

I wanted to update this after calling DOS just now. I don't have a lot of time and will fill in the blanks this evening when I get home.

I don't know why people have said that talking to men there would not get anything, but I talked with a very nice gentleman and he gave me the type of news I've been waiting for.

June 16 at 8:00am!!!!!!!!!!!

My hands are shaking so much now it's hard to type. Thank you all for your support. I know I'm far from done, and panic will set in a little later. But for now? :P  :D  :lol:  :D  :P  :D  :wub:  :wub:  :D  :o  B)

Wahoo!! Congratulations Jim!

You've spent enough time in GZ purgatory. Great to hear

Guest blsqueaky

Jason, I would not recommend emailing every day, becuase if you look at thier instructions, it does say to email them and wait 7 business days for their reply. If you email again before then, then it will just put you on the bottom of the pile again as far as a response. Right now I have been seeing that they are replying fairly quickly now, usually within 2-3 days

Right now I have been seeing that they are replying fairly quickly now, usually within 2-3 days

My last email of April 28th is still not answered (nor the prior one in Feb). acw

I'm wondering about this, through all of my complaints about GZ, I have to say that I never went more than 18 hours to get a response. Now when you e-mail them do you get an aknowlegement back right away?

I've heard others mention not getting responces or waiting a few days. I'd be interested how and what you are sending and I guess to whom?

I've always used their (GZ Consulate- contact us) website form and "other" in our emails. I have only had one response back in Jan. (canned NON-answer) and no, never got acknowledgement of an email being sent. I have sent a written letter to them about case status and the email situation. acw

EDIT: I have copies of the instant notification when the email is sent that they will respond it 5-7 working days but not a seperate email from them and have repeatedly check the required info/email address as correct. acw

That is certainly possible Paul, even if it was a computer making the respopnces, I could see duplicat case numbers kicking out out of the system when the other comes in.

CR1togo,

That makes me wonder because as I had sait, I've never been ignored only mad at the canned responses. What about DOS? The one little bit of info I got out of DOS was the acknoledgement of e-mailing GZ a couple of days pryor. Have you had any luck talking with anyone from there?