E-mailing GZ or calling DOS

Jim I think they use an automatic spam program to put the name on. I will say though that it looks as though the time frame is getting firmer. My last response by email before DOS gave me the interview date said "Due to the huge number of applicant, it may take a few months to schedule." The following week I had the answer. So don't let thte 3 month thing get you down.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan,

I don't believe the 3 month thing, because I got a responce once saying simply," Ms. Z***'s interview will happen in 3 months." and nothing more. That was 2 months ago. <_<

The thing that gets to me, is that once again, it seems that what I asked for, was ignored and they seem to choose what they want to tell us. :angry: And oh ya, I'm goint to spend money calling the visa hot line so I can get the same stellar customer service? Right!

Speaking of customer service, guess I'd better get out the door for work. I've got my own customers to take care of. :D

Hey GZ, I'll be taking far better care of my customers today, and they are only concerned about a washing machine. NOT THEIR LOVED ONE AND THE REST OF THIER LIFE!

you got 'an approximate' .. I'm impressed ...

My problem David, is that I got the same #^&%$ estimate, 2 months ago. And besides, I didn't really ask about that. I'll wait til Friday and then it is DOS's turn. My bet is thay will be just as helpful.

what are your projections?

I see one of 3 possibilities for this, either I will call DOS on friday and be suprised with the P4(chances of? not likely), I'll get the dates I'm asking about such as the completion of the namecheck or entered into the computer(also not likely), or I'll get the same damn "we have no information at this time, and will inform you when the interview is scheduled"( very likely). As for the P4 itself? one of 2. Either it will linger for a hell of a lot longer without any information or reasons for the delay, or it will arive with only a matter of days before the interview making it near impossible to make the much needed plans to be there with Jen, plus making it difficult for her to get there herself. B)

GZ, I dare you to prove me wrong!

Guest blsqueaky

Today I received a email from one of our other members here, and he sent an email to GZ the other day after calling DOS, and he got a better response from GZ regarding his case. He also said that for the first time, it did not read like a canned reply.

I also have emailed them recently, and I actually thought that it was a real reponse, even with links in it to help.

you got 'an approximate' .. I'm impressed ...

My problem David, is that I got the same #^&%$ estimate, 2 months ago. And besides, I didn't really ask about that. I'll wait til Friday and then it is DOS's turn. My bet is thay will be just as helpful.

what are your projections?

I see one of 3 possibilities for this, either I will call DOS on friday and be suprised with the P4(chances of? not likely), I'll get the dates I'm asking about such as the completion of the namecheck or entered into the computer(also not likely), or I'll get the same damn "we have no information at this time, and will inform you when the interview is scheduled"( very likely). As for the P4 itself? one of 2. Either it will linger for a hell of a lot longer without any information or reasons for the delay, or it will arive with only a matter of days before the interview making it near impossible to make the much needed plans to be there with Jen, plus making it difficult for her to get there herself. <_<

GZ, I dare you to prove me wrong!

Geez.. if I can't get an anwer out of you, how'd you expect to get one from GUZ/DOS?

I meant your P4 and interview projections... B)

Today I received a email from one of our other members here, and he sent an email to GZ the other day after calling DOS, and he got a better response from GZ regarding his case. He also said that for the first time, it did not read like a canned reply.

I also have emailed them recently, and I actually thought that it was a real reponse, even with links in it to help.

Maybe they pick and choose what e-mails they will actually respond to. I got the following one 5 minutes after e-mailing over a month ago,

Based on our current schedule, it appears that Ms. Z***'s interview will

occur in about 3 months.

> To respond to this email, use only the web form at

www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html. E-mails sent via

"reply" will not be received. You can access limited case specific

information - confirm Visa Petition arrival at post and verify interview

date - at the National Visa Information Call Center (a for fee service).

See www.usavisainformation.com.cn/eng/index.aspx. Call Center # (China)

400-872-333 (International) 8621-3881-4611.

> See www.usavisainformation.com.cn/eng/index.aspx for payment info. Call

Center (China) 400-872-333 (International) 86 21-3881-4611

>

I took it as a legit responce, but got basically the same thing this morning, only my name was put on top and it is stiil 3 months after a month has passed? And sure, they will give the links to pay up and call the national number that I've heard isn't much better.

Coming home from work today, I was thinking of replying with what I am thinking about their citizen services, but I know that would be counter productive. If I treated customers like this, I would have been gone long ago. I only want information about the case I filed, not state secrets.

Let's at least compare similar requests: Was your email or the other one asking for P4 / Interview dates? If yes, when was the P3 sent?

Geez.. if I can't get an anwer out of you, how'd you expect to get one from GUZ/DOS?

Sorry David,

I know I shouldn't get worked up over what I was already expecting to get from GZ.

My best projections would say that the P4 should along any day with an interview in mid to late June, but then, that's revised from an original of March, then April.

So far the only prediction I have made correctly, is that I will have to keep adjusting my predictions. <_<

Sorry David,

I know I shouldn't get worked up over what I was already expecting to get from GZ.

My best projections would say that the P4 should along any day with an interview in mid to late June, but then, that's revised from an original of March, then April.

So far the only prediction I have made correctly, is that I will have to keep adjusting my predictions. <_<

I am still confident you will hear about a P4 by weeks end. I have a really good feeling about it.

Sorry David,

Looking at your timeline of P3 sent in early January.. there's no way an original of March (or April) was feasible... You clearly in the hunt right now for that P4... probably late June+ would be a good expectation.. then anything early is welcomed.

Hang in there bud...

Guest blsqueaky

Jim, I received basically the same response, I just asked a specific question, where is the letter going to be sent, and they told me that it will be sent here, but in the meantime, email them and they will tell me what is going on. What I can not get them to reply to, it takes 10-14 days to get the mail here, my wife is here, we have to make plans, and at times they give 1 month notice to interview. This is what I can not get them to understand, and to this, they say email them, so I guess that when I find out from NVC approved and mailed, then every 7 days, call to NVC and email to GZ

Sorry David,

Looking at your timeline of P3 sent in early January.. there's no way an original of March (or April) was feasible... You clearly in the hunt right now for that P4... probably late June+ would be a good expectation.. then anything early is welcomed.

Hang in there bud...

I'm hangin, Thanks. B)

The original thought were pre-P3 before I got held up in NVC. :P And that didn't even consider my ignorant days when I really believed that the process after NOA2 would fit within 4 months. Boy to be so naive. B)