Vaccination supplement

Thanks for the link. Trigg may very well be right... those instructions are quite ambiguous, perhaps even contradictary... but I guess we should expect nothing less from our friends in the USCIS. I'll be taking Jun to see the civil surgeon on Friday, and all of her shots are complete (and thankfully 100% covered by my insurance), so I'll just follow the route of keeping a copy if it's asked for later, and sending in the supplement with our application.

I had similar pains as some of you in setting up the appointment. It seemed the receptionist simply could not contemplate that we only needed the supplement, or even what the supplement was... just when I thought I had explained it well enough, we would be right back to "The physical begins at $175"... finally in frustration she transferred me to a nurse who immediatly knew exactly what I was talking about (except for mistakingly thinking I was the applicant, and complementing my English and saying how glad she was I could understand her... :rolleyes: ) She assured me the doctor would know as well, and apologized for the receptionists saying it was uncommon here for someone to only need the supplement, so they just didn't know what I meant - and transferred me back to the receptionist... who I AGAIN failed to explain it to while trying to set the appointment. Finally she said "I'll just schedule it as a physical, and you explain it to the nurse when you arrive" ugg! but good enough I suppose. We'll see what fun Friday brings.

How can you make a copy of Vaccination Supplement when the doctors office has sealed the envelop and you are told explicitly not to open?

Ken

The Civil Surgeon I called said he will put the original vac sup in a sealed envelope and give me a copy. It is sealed so you don't chnage it. Under the 1975 buckley amendment you have every right to see any and ALL OF YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS. Except for certain psych things.

Then again, maybe she isn't covered by Buckley.

I had the same issue, but didn't realize it until we went for the AOS interview. Actually, for us, when they did her shots in China, they put a record in her file and shipped them, but none of the VOs could read chinese so we had to have a civil surgeon sign off on it.

They gave us the form they wanted us to use at CIS. Finally got a county health surgeon to sign it for $35 instead of the usual $100 to $150 by all other docs.

We were never told we couldn't open any doctor's envelop or anything like that, the form was one page, so that seems strange.

Turned it in, got approved...... but..........still waiting on her green card.

We went back to the Doctor's office today armed with a blank Vaccination supplement form. When he saw us talking to the receptionist, I turned to him and showed him the form. No problem, he took the items from us and filled it out while we waited. Now we have it, and they even put it in an envelope and gave us a copy.

I tend to think that maybe he originally thought I wanted the I-693 without him performing the Physical. Or, maybe he went home and studied the rules again. I don't know.

All's well that ends well.

Thanks to Michael in Portland I was finally able to find this elusive supplemental vaccination form on the CDC Web site.  I think it will be helpful for us to take the actual form with us when we go talk to the civil surgeon so there is no ambiguity as to what we need. You can download the form as a pdf at this link:

Appendix A Supplemental Form to I-693

Yave: Thanks for the great link!

At least when we go for the vaccine supplement, I will have the form ready -

Hey! We want one of these filled out, signed and sealed in an envelope!!!

(In case I get one of them mentally challenged doctors!) :D