• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NVC sent my case by DHL to GZ on April 15th. As of Friday the 29th, they told me by email that they had still not received it. Unrelated to the visa, I mailed a big manila envelope to Beijing on the 22nd and it got there on the 27th.

I've heard of people getting their stuff tied up in "customs" though I don't know why. GZ may let mail sit for a while. If it makes you feel better, I expect that when those case files are stacked up on the floor, they make a great footrest for your VO.

NVC sent my case by DHL to GZ on  April 15th.  As of Friday the 29th, they told me by email that they had still not received it.  Unrelated to the visa, I mailed a big manila envelope to Beijing on the 22nd and it got there on the 27th.

I've heard of people getting their stuff tied up in "customs" though I don't know why.  GZ may let mail sit for a while.  If it makes you feel better, I expect that when those case files are stacked up on the floor, they make a great footrest for your VO.

DHL usually gets it there in 4 days, but yes, there is usually a 30 customs hold on it. That was the one thing so far that actually took the expected time for me. :angry:

NVC sent my case by DHL to GZ on  April 15th.  As of Friday the 29th, they told me by email that they had still not received it.  Unrelated to the visa, I mailed a big manila envelope to Beijing on the 22nd and it got there on the 27th.

I've heard of people getting their stuff tied up in "customs" though I don't know why.  GZ may let mail sit for a while.  If it makes you feel better, I expect that when those case files are stacked up on the floor, they make a great footrest for your VO.

rrylee: Your an east 'coaster' like me...

Your flight has taken off with acceleration, but sit back and enjoy the ride.. there's a few movies you can watch along the way..

DHL usually gets it there in 4 days, but yes, there is usually a 30 customs hold on it.

Does anyone know why this is so? The Chinese customs officials in GZ just hold any mail that comes to the consulate? Are they reading it? Hoarding it?

Here is a song dedicated for those waiting on a P4:

Mr. GZ, bring me a P4 (bung, bung, bung, bung)

Make it the fastest that I've ever seen (bung, bung, bung, bung)

Give it less then two months (bung, bung, bung, bung)

Then tell me that my lonesome nights are over soon.

Mr. GZ, I'm so alone

Don't have a P4 to call my own

Please turn on your magic beam

Mr. GZ, bring me a P4.

I'd wait till after the holiday is over. I plan on calling DOS on Monday to see if there is any information on ours but I don't expect it will be in the computer yet but you are about 1 1/2 weeks ahead of us from when you sent your P3. I hope you hear something soon.