P-2 to NVC and OPTIN GZO number

This is for anyone soon behind our case, anyone preparing to file a CR-1 I-130, and to my friend David who is right behind us in the waiting.

When my son got his P-2 from the USCIS......

1) It took 16 days for me to get a 6 page packet from the NVC. This packet contained a DS-3032 with sons name written on it as well it contained a sheet that has the invoice ID number and teh GUZ number

The very day I recieved the packet I paid the money online to pay for the AOS (Afficavit of Support form). AS well, I also sent an OPTIN e-mail to NVCElectronic@state.gov along with his scanned and attached DS-3032.

2) It took 4 days before the payment of $88 was marked paid on the payment website. YOu will need the coversheet from the payment site to send in futher evidence WHEN they call for it.

3) It took 15 working days for me to get the e-mail from Guangzhou that the sons case was opted in and to get his GZO number. (I got it today.)

NVC is no longer quick like it used ot be. THey have gotten busy again and changed things.

Now, if I can only get my wife's P-2.....I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE....I am really anxious to go to China as soon as I am finished with this NVC stuff and await the interview. $9,500 is waiting in lil' rabbit's account for what ever expenses we'll need and....to possibly buy 3 plane tickets if we are allowed to go to America together.

I'll update this as things happen.

tsap seui

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully your wife,s P2 is soon to come, everything will be put together and you can get on with your life. A long time coming for you my man, you and her deserve this, I would have to say that what you 2 have been thru and put up with from these ass holes, now is there fuc@king time to give you what you been waiting for.. best to you Tsap

Hey Tsap,

Thanks for your updates regarding OPTIN. I will be doing this in a few months when the time comes.

Ryan, it will most likely get buried so what I used to do was mark it down on a post-it and stick it to my computer, or just print it out. I'll keep updating this until I can pull them through the NVC.

I was so happy to get that GZO number, but, I am finding that you still have to wait for them to tell you what they want. All those short-cuts have been killed. A shame for the folks who took so long to make them up.

TK, we're hanging in there. Lil' rabbit has become quyite the stoic trooper in all of this waiting. It was embarrassing for me to be so happy about the GZO number, and there she sits with no action on her case since March 1st. Thanks for you words buddy. I hope the best for you two.

tsap seui

Tsap,

Thanks for the update on this, I know it will help me in the future as I start this process again as well. LiYuan and I have decided to wait a few months to start the I-130 package as I have many things to overcome and address(age at 20 plus years, previous marriages, all the usual stuff) and want to wait some time to get all my ducks in a row so to speak.LiYuan understands all this also as we have talked a long time about everything. I hope also to get in another trip if all goes well.

I know soon you will hear on Lil Rabbit as well.It seems like just as you get closer to grabbing the golden ring, they pull it back just out of reach again.Wish you both the best of luck.

Paul

Tsap,

Thanks for the update on this, I know it will help me in the future as I start this process again as well. LiYuan and I have decided to wait a few months to start the I-130 package as I have many things to overcome and address(age at 20 plus years, previous marriages, all the usual stuff) and want to wait some time to get all my ducks in a row so to speak.LiYuan understands all this also as we have talked a long time about everything. I hope also to get in another trip if all goes well.

I know soon you will hear on Lil Rabbit as well.It seems like just as you get closer to grabbing the golden ring, they pull it back just out of reach again.Wish you both the best of luck.

Paul

Thanks Paul. You are a wise man to wait and get everything together. I know it is hard ot take but when we rush into things with GUZ they will find a way to make you wait....usually 2 years if you are denied at the interview.

My wife and I chose to wait before making this new application, hopefully our wait will be fruitful and not another rotten tomato thrown in our faces.

Thanks again, and good luck to you. I hope my posts help you, and others.

tsap seui

This is for anyone soon behind our case, anyone preparing to file a CR-1 I-130, and to my friend David who is right behind us in the waiting.

1) It took 16 days for me to get a 6 page packet from the NVC. This packet contained a DS-3032 with sons name written on it as well it contained a sheet that has the invoice ID number and teh GUZ number

The very day I recieved the packet I paid the money online to pay for the AOS (Afficavit of Support form). AS well, I also sent an OPTIN e-mail to NVCElectronic@state.gov along with his scanned and attached DS-3032.

2) It took 4 days before the payment of $88 was marked paid on the payment website. YOu will need the coversheet from the payment site to send in futher evidence WHEN they call for it.

3) It took 15 working days for me to get the e-mail from Guangzhou that the sons case was opted in and to get his GZO number. (I got it today.)

NVC is no longer quick like it used ot be. THey have gotten busy again and changed things.

Now, if I can only get my wife's P-2.....I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE....I am really anxious to go to China as soon as I am finished with this NVC stuff and await the interview. $9,500 is waiting in lil' rabbit's account for what ever expenses we'll need and....to possibly buy 3 plane tickets if we are allowed to go to America together.

tsap seui

As said in my previous posting, you should go to infopass ASAP . Be nice and explain the situation to the officer. Hope he/she is symphatetic to you to check it in more details .

That's why I see no need for you to do a lawsuit . Not indicated at all . Your step son is already approved . That means your petion is already approved at the USCIS stage . My feeling is most likely name check for your wife or something else, it is about your wife individually .

Hope the officer will be able to give you some highlights. Please be polite even if you don't like their finding , no matter how you disagree to it , you have to be respectful . They are the authority . That's the way it is.

tsap seui

As said in my previous posting, you should go to infopass ASAP . Be nice and explain the situation to the officer. Hope he/she is symphatetic to you to check it in more details .

That's why I see no need for you to do a lawsuit . Not indicated at all . Your step son is already approved . That means your petion is already approved at the USCIS stage . My feeling is most likely name check for your wife or something else, it is about your wife individually .

Hope the officer will be able to give you some highlights. Please be polite even if you don't like their finding , no matter how you disagree to it , you have to be respectful . They are the authority . That's the way it is.

Well, my friend, I have looked into driving 2 hours to Pittsburgh to attend an Infopass meeting. First off, I would have to lie to them and go there under false premisies as none of the four reasons they state on their website come anywhere close to what I need. Maily it's for people adjusting status. They are not a service center like Texas, where our records are.

I may still lie and take my chances with them possibly chewing my head off at the neck, or worse.

As far as being nice....LOL...I know I come off as a yahoo here and there is a good reason for that, but, in another life I was a very successful businessman/entrepreneur and I know when to put on the ol' southern boy charm when the occassion demands it, even when you want to puke on your shoes because of the vileness of the person you're talking to.

It was often (around 99% of the time that I could talk folks into using my service which costs 3 and 4 times what Joe Blow was charging, I do know how to be nice....and....get my point across at the same time.

If only I could get an infopass at the Texas service center. I swear, I would think nothing of flying out there to attend it.

tsap seui

tsap seui

tsap seui

Well, my friend, I have looked into driving 2 hours to Pittsburgh to attend an Infopass meeting. First off, I would have to lie to them and go there under false premisies as none of the four reasons they state on their website come anywhere close to what I need. Maily it's for people adjusting status. They are not a service center like Texas, where our records are.

I may still lie and take my chances with them possibly chewing my head off at the neck, or worse.

As far as being nice....LOL...I know I come off as a yahoo here and there is a good reason for that, but, in another life I was a very successful businessman/entrepreneur and I know when to put on the ol' southern boy charm when the occassion demands it, even when you want to puke on your shoes because of the vileness of the person you're talking to.

It was often (around 99% of the time that I could talk folks into using my service which costs 3 and 4 times what Joe Blow was charging, I do know how to be nice....and....get my point across at the same time.

If only I could get an infopass at the Texas service center. I swear, I would think nothing of flying out there to attend it.

tsap seui

tsap seui

Excellent ! I know they won't bite your head off. I had done it a few times before. No problem .

If you can get infopass with the Texas Service Center , and you believe that would be the best, then, do that.

My recollection, the officer can look at your case in their computer ( this is not the same as the USCIS customer service computer which is totally useless ,,,) .

Okay, here is a little more about how a CR-1 works.

Our case started out in the California service center and in November was sent (along with many others cases) to the Texas USCIS service center for "quicker processing" (their words, not mine).

Texas did some work, then sent the case to California....the California sent the case back to Texas, then the same scenerio was done again where now our case sitis in Texas awaiting a name or cecurity check. Once that check is answered the case will again be sent to California, who, then will be the ones to give us a P-2 (apprived or denied).

This morning I called USCIS and talked to a Tier ONE lady (or LEVEL ONE as they call them). SHe could only go so far on her computer so I asked her to forward me to a LEVEL TWO person.

Level TWO is an actual USCIS officer. Their computer sees even more than as if I made an infopass and drove two hours to talk about my case.

Level TWO is who you want to talk to about your case.

THe level two officer told me not to worry that she saw every thing was normal processing with my wife's case. Yes, she said, the cases get sent back and forth to different service centers for processing. SOmething new they have started. She told me that the service center where your case starts is who actually gives you the P-2.

So where we stand now, is Texas has our case for the final time. When they get an answer to an inquiry they now have out, they will forward that answer to California, who will then send us a P-2.

Hope that helps others to understand the new inner workings of the USCIS.

tsap seui

Okay, here is a little more about how a CR-1 works.

Our case started out in the California service center and in November was sent (along with many others cases) to the Texas USCIS service center for "quicker processing" (their words, not mine).

Texas did some work, then sent the case to California....the California sent the case back to Texas, then the same scenerio was done again where now our case sitis in Texas awaiting a name or cecurity check. Once that check is answered the case will again be sent to California, who, then will be the ones to give us a P-2 (apprived or denied).

This morning I called USCIS and talked to a Tier ONE lady (or LEVEL ONE as they call them). SHe could only go so far on her computer so I asked her to forward me to a LEVEL TWO person.

Level TWO is an actual USCIS officer. Their computer sees even more than as if I made an infopass and drove two hours to talk about my case.

Level TWO is who you want to talk to about your case.

THe level two officer told me not to worry that she saw every thing was normal processing with my wife's case. Yes, she said, the cases get sent back and forth to different service centers for processing. SOmething new they have started. She told me that the service center where your case starts is who actually gives you the P-2.

So where we stand now, is Texas has our case for the final time. When they get an answer to an inquiry they now have out, they will forward that answer to California, who will then send us a P-2.

Hope that helps others to understand the new inner workings of the USCIS.

tsap seui

So in short you're saying they're playing ping pong with our cases in some effort to "balance" the load?

So in short you're saying they're playing ping pong with our cases in some effort to "balance" the load?

You got that feelin' too?

The system is broke, so, lets fix it in the opposite way any rational person would see to fix it...heck, they won't know the difference...after all, WE'RE UNCLE SAM-WE-AM.

tsap seui

Somedays I could just PUKE in the sea of stupidity