Am I reading this right??

My wife has filed an I-130 (IR-5) for her parents. I have been reading the instructions for submission of docs and forms. I have scanned in her I-864, my I-864a, and our fed tax returns. The NVC sent us an acknowledgment of receiving the I-864 and indicate they are still waiting for the DS-230, please submit.

I have read over the instruction for the submission of the DS-230. It says we must also submit the applicant's civil documents which include the following.

1. DS-230

2. Applicant's birth certificate

3. Applicant's Marriage certificate (Shows Dad married Mom before Lisa was born.)

4. Lisa's Birth Certificate (Shows relationship).

5. Lisa's Marriage Certificate.

6. Photo Copy of Passport Page

7 Police Certificate

8. Passport Photo's

I know they needed these things, but I thought Police Certificate, Passport and Photos were not needed until interview. I have everything, but 6,7 and 8. So should I send it in as is, or should I wait and get the other items first?

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)
  • 5 months later...

C4RACER,

you submit ds-230 and all docs to nvc, see my timeline.

Hello Goerge,

Congratulations!

From your timeline, (march 10, 2009- medical check up and vaccinations in taishan city), it looks your wife did her medical check up and vaccinations in taishan city, is taishan one of the designated hospital? I saw it only has the designated hospital in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Fujiang and Zhejing. IS there any designated Hospital in Shandong Province?

Thank you so much!

Note: since this thread has been revised, I will add.

Things have changed since this thread was started, the consulate and NVC have implemented an electronic processing system the docs are still gathered and sent to NVC, however you can opt to SCAN and email them to NVC as part of the electronic processing.

SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

C4RACER,

Hello Goerge,

Congratulations!

From your timeline, (march 10, 2009- medical check up and vaccinations in taishan city), it looks your wife did her medical check up and vaccinations in taishan city, is taishan one of the designated hospital? I saw it only has the designated hospital in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Fujiang and Zhejing. IS there any designated Hospital in Shandong Province?

Thank you so much!

hailong,

things have changed so places like taishan and jiangmen are not accepted by GUZ. here is the link, http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/GUZ-ME...T-0002-0906.pdf, for offical places, its the same that you have listed.

C4RACER,

Hello Goerge,

Congratulations!

Thank you so much!

hailong,

things have changed so places like taishan and jiangmen are not accepted by GUZ. here is the link, http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/GUZ-ME...T-0002-0906.pdf, for offical places, its the same that you have listed.

Hi george,

THnak you very much for your update information!

Best wishes!