Hi Guys's and gal's

Just got back from the interview that we did not pass. I am not as freeked as my wife is but still even with being warned by all of you, it is a shock that they will decide your fate in 3 minute's. ("What" no phone log's. Go get them and by the way we need to have you prove were the ex husband is.)

I had several letters explaining why there is no phone log's and how we can communicate and how we use MSN messager with a web cam to visit for several hours each day and also the time line but the guy would not even look at them as far as I can tell.

Im not sure what to do next as she does not know were the ex is and the phone log's do not exsist. The few call's I made were all with phone cards that do not leave a record. She made a few calls to me because her computer was broke for a few day's but I am not sure even how to get them. They are in the states and I am not going home to get them if I can help it.

The good new's is I have plenty of time to work on this. I don't have to be back home untell spring. I will start with the American Citzen hour this friday but any insight would be helpful. Thanks

Jim

Guest ShaQuaNew

I am sorry to hear of your difficulty. It does seem that there is a great deal of importance placed upon both the beneficiary and petitioner demonstrating that they indeed have a bonafide relationship. The VO has a difficult job and must sort through dozens if not hundredes of applicants knowing that there is a high incidence in fraud. One of the ways they do this is to request evidence that support on-going communication between both people, which you seem to be aware. This may be done by showing a history of email, phone call logs, receipts, hand-written letters, etc. Without this evidence it is likely that you will have a difficult time overcoming.... :(

I read the answer to your questions in your post...

1) Go to the american citizen hour. I believe you now can get case specific information.

GZ Forum, Change in procedure

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14473

Bring the evidence that you said they didn't look at (no surprise there, they look at what they want and ask for). Get what you can out of the case worker, particularly how to get 'ex' info and show your proof to ask if this is sufficient. They might not give 'advice', but use the time however you can to get whatever info you can.

2) It is common that the person presents overcome with evidence they already had at the interview, but was not looked at. I think this would be sufficient for the 'phone log' issue. As for finding the 'ex': Contact the old family and document every step. Log who was talked to and what they said. If you truly cannot find him, then all you have is the documents showing your effort to locate him. If you cannot locate it, it stands to reason that her relationship with him is truly over...

And remember, overcomes can be denied.. just means you need more info. It's a non-personal issue to them... they just want some document or proof of this or that.

Sorry to hear about the outcome of the interview. One thing that came out of a nasty divorce is I document everything now.

As a suggestion, I use Yahoo with web cam to talk to my SO. When I have the messenger window open and we are talking, I go to File > Save every few minutes and first save the file as "Zhen IM mm-dd-yy", then re-save with the same name and answer yes to writing over the file with each additional save. I can print these or place them on a CD if needed.

Also, Zhen wears basically a different outfit each time we use the webcam. I open a graphics program (paint shop Pro 6) and several times during or talk I will make the web cam window the active window, hit the Alt+PrtScn buttons, then goto the graphic program and hit Ctrl V to paste the image and save it with the same name and date I use for the IM. This way they will be able to see proof of our conversations as well as her presence on the web cam for that date.

I hope this will help you or others in the future.

Additionally, you will notice that I don't bother to crop the image. I leave the Yahoo window and advertising in place and more importantly the time stamp (which if anyone wants to get picky about will match with the general time shown on the last text file save.)

http://altairdigital.com/sample.jpg

Edited by Rakkasan (see edit history)

I was just in GZ, last month with my wife and her

two children. The childrens visa were denied because

of similar reasons you were given.

The kids told us the VO never even looked at

any paperwork. I went back to the Consulate

that very afternoon and demanded to speak

with a supervisor.

I had the proof they wanted but never looked at.

Bottom line I got the VO to recind his original

denial and approve the childrens visas the same

day. Just went there and stated my case. If

you are still in GZ, just go back to the Consulate,

be firm and get your particular situation

straightened out.

I wrote quite a story of our experience on

11/28/05 here on cfl.

Good luck and be assertive at the Consulate.

Unlike the interview there you will be able to

state your case.

When they tell you they only answer visa denial

questions be firm and say you want to speak

to the supervisor ASAP.

Good luck...

These 2 items you explained for denial were also part of our denial and this is what we did to overcome. Which is, by the way, a lot easier than administrative review.

The location of the ex seems difficult but what my SO had done is get a police certificate of him at his last known residence. It was relatively inexpensive. She also had a letter explaining her separation from him and why they divorced. The reason here is they (The VO's) are suspicious that the marriage is being arranged for you to take her to the USA for him and that you are part of a visa scam. I know you are not but keep in mind what circumstances these VO's have seen.

Chat records is a different story and I do not know if MSN messenger has an archive for you to go back and print past chats. I used Yahoo with my SO and that service had an archive and this saved my bacon for overcome documents. I also had my phone service as ATT calladvantage which had good rates on international calling and good records of past calls. These call records need to show your name and phone number. Along with that, the number you called to in China needs to be shown. From your post, it seems you do not have this record but there is more ways to submit proof.

The consulate can copy your passport and notarize it for you. This is free of charge as I was told when I was there. Writing a statement explaining your presence in China and that you are there for moral support to your SO may be helpful.

Bottom line is... and this was advised to me when going through the same... be nice... kiss some fanny and gargle the taste away. You are just another file they see on a daily basis. Give them the proof they ask for to the best of your ability and you will succeed. I don't see that you have had many posts here on CFL and not knowing your history makes it hard for any further advice but I wish you success!

Eric

Sorry to hear about your SO's blue slip!! I'm interested in the recent trend of VO's asking about ex's whereabouts. How long ago was her divorce? If it was not so long ago, then I can understand them asking this. I am in the same situation as you with the calling card I use not having records, but I want to use it up before putting money into a different one, but maybe I should do that just to have some kind of records to show them. I have chat logs from Yahoo that I have printed, plus emails. Did your SO present the VO with your stamped passport with hers when they asked? If not, this might have helped if the VO knew you were there in person downstairs...

I agree with what has been said... be nice and show them what you have and explain what you don't have and why. I'm sure they will grant the visa once they see what they didn't look at. Just you being there and going to American Citizen hour will be a big help to your cause and will go a long ways to showing the credibility of your relationship.

I wish you the best of luck with the overcome!!

Guest pushbrk
Sorry to hear about your SO's blue slip!!  I'm interested in the recent trend of VO's asking about ex's whereabouts. How long ago was her divorce?  If it was not so long ago, then I can understand them asking this.  I am in the same situation as you with the calling card I use not having records, but I want to use it up before putting money into a different one, but maybe I should do that just to have some kind of records to show them.  I have chat logs from Yahoo that I have printed, plus emails.  Did your SO present the VO with your stamped passport with hers when they asked?  If not, this might have helped if the VO knew you were there in person downstairs... 

I agree with what has been said... be nice and show them what you have and explain what you don't have and why.  I'm sure they will grant the visa once they see what they didn't look at.  Just you being there and going to American Citizen hour will be a big help to your cause and will go a long ways to showing the credibility of your relationship. 

175809[/snapback]

I'm getting the impression that asking about EX residence is exclusive to K1. Have we seen this on CR1 or K 3/4?

Mike

I don't think it is a concern to locate ex spouses for K-3 since you are already married. It appears K-1 get more attention in proof of relationship.

I submitted documents to show of my divorce and separate residence from my ex. I don't think my ex is what GUZ was concerned about. I think it is the beneficiary's ex that GUZ is concerned about in the case of immigration.

Just my opinion!

Guest pushbrk
I don't think it is a concern to locate ex spouses for K-3 since you are already married. It appears K-1 get more attention in proof of relationship.

I submitted documents to show of my divorce and separate residence from my ex. I don't think my ex is what GUZ was concerned about. I think it is the beneficiary's ex that GUZ is concerned about in the case of immigration.

Just my opinion!

175832[/snapback]

How sensible. With all the hoops you have to jump through to actually marry in China, it makes no sense to be concerned about an ongoing relationship with a former Chinese spouse.

Mike

Sorry to hear about your SO's blue slip!!  I'm interested in the recent trend of VO's asking about ex's whereabouts.   How long ago was her divorce?  If it was not so long ago, then I can understand them asking this.  I am in the same situation as you with the calling card I use not having records, but I want to use it up before putting money into a different one, but maybe I should do that just to have some kind of records to show them.  I have chat logs from Yahoo that I have printed, plus emails.  Did your SO present the VO with your stamped passport with hers when they asked?  If not, this might have helped if the VO knew you were there in person downstairs... 

I agree with what has been said... be nice and show them what you have and explain what you don't have and why.  I'm sure they will grant the visa once they see what they didn't look at.  Just you being there and going to American Citizen hour will be a big help to your cause and will go a long ways to showing the credibility of your relationship. 

175809[/snapback]

I'm getting the impression that asking about EX residence is exclusive to K1. Have we seen this on CR1 or K 3/4?

Mike

175831[/snapback]

The original poster for this thread is married :)

Guest pushbrk
Sorry to hear about your SO's blue slip!!  I'm interested in the recent trend of VO's asking about ex's whereabouts.   How long ago was her divorce?  If it was not so long ago, then I can understand them asking this.  I am in the same situation as you with the calling card I use not having records, but I want to use it up before putting money into a different one, but maybe I should do that just to have some kind of records to show them.  I have chat logs from Yahoo that I have printed, plus emails.  Did your SO present the VO with your stamped passport with hers when they asked?  If not, this might have helped if the VO knew you were there in person downstairs... 

175809[/snapback]

Mike

175831[/snapback]

The original poster for this thread is married :)

175839[/snapback]

Yuck. Then that begs the question, "How long ago was the wife divorced?"

Mike

Guest pushbrk

175809[/snapback]

Mike

175831[/snapback]

My "Chinese wife" got I believe 11 questions about her ex at interview- CR-1.

175875[/snapback]

Any clue as to why?

In general, divorces draw extra questions...

here's what the FAQ has:

A.1.18.3

COMMON QUESTIONS TO PREVIOUS MARRIAGE:

Concerning Beneficiary:

How many times have you been married? (state how many times )

When did you get divorced? (give date)

Why did you get divorced? (state a reason)

Where is your previous husband? / Where does your ex-husband live? (If unknown, state as such)

After your divorce, do have contact with him? (be honest, but minimal. If no, state so)

Do you have any children? (state how many)

Who has custody of the child? (if your child is also seeking a visa, you must have full custody)

For the beneficiary having previous marriages, the VO wants to make sure that the ex-spouse is not in the country you are about to go to. Otherwise this could raise some concern that you are trying to get to that country to be with the ex-spouse. The VO also wants to ensure that you have full custody of the child, If your seeking a visa for the child.

Concerning Petitioner:

When did the petitioner get divorced?

Why did you get divorced?

How long was he married?

Does your spouse have any children?

Does your spouse¡¯s son live with your husband?

How old is your spouse¡¯s son?

Did you know your spouse/fianc¨¦e was married 3 times? (Yes, he was last divorced in 1973)

For the petitioner having previous marriages, the VO wants to ensure that the relationship is a bona-fide one. That the beneficiary knows the petitioner¡¯s past, particularly if there are children.

Guest pushbrk

Mike

175831[/snapback]

My "Chinese wife" got I believe 11 questions about her ex at interview- CR-1.

175875[/snapback]

Any clue as to why?

175876[/snapback]

Ex husband's name was EXTREMELY common for someone born in the early 1950's. At interview, DOS computer supposedly had 13-14 people with his name and approximate DOB as being in the US already.

175883[/snapback]

Ok, so I'm thinking that if the X has a common name, we better plan to overcome in advance with something like a police certificate for the X.

Fortunately, I don't think I have that problem but I'll check to be sure.