Letter to REP, Senator,FBI,Ombudsman etc....

To whom it may concern:

I am writing this letter on behalf of my wife who has been patiently waiting for her conditional green card. I will start by stating we have followed each and every step the Government puts in place to make sure my wife does everything IAW the law, so far it has cost us an extra $365 to file for additional benefits because our system has failed us. What I mean by this is we applied for her conditional green card over a year ago using the DORA(Dallas Office of Rapid Adjustment) which is only supposed to take 90 days well here it is over a year later and in that time we have had to spend money to get her an EAD card so she can work and now we just spent more money so she can get her AP to travel home to visit her family and here in a few weeks we will have to spend an additional $180 to renew her EAD because it has taken so long to approve the conditional green card. We made an inquiry at the local USCIS office as to the status of her application all they said was it was stuck in ¡°FBI background check¡± they could not give us any time estimate, I really fail to see how it can take over a year for these checks to take place when they have already been done a couple times just for her to get a visa in the first place.

If we really look at this close, why are these checks even being done? We have so many illegal people coming across our southern border that don¡¯t have ¡°Background Checks¡± being done aren¡¯t we really just wasting the Americans tax dollar on a feel good effort, until you have sealed our southern border any efforts you make by harassing the people coming to this country legally is nothing more then a total waste of American tax dollar in the name of 9-11 which amounts to a very expensive excuse.

It's been over a year now, you say. I remember when you filed because I remember you mentioning the DORA program. WoW!...isn't that a joke!, rapid adjustment my foot!.. :lol: Immigrations should be totally humiliated by such a lack of efficiency!

I hate to say it Darrell but I'm sorry you two are going through this hell.

Your letter sounds good. Concise and to the point, just a little tilted at the end about the illegals. Don't mind the constructive criticism. I've been having a somewhat "tilted" day myself. Family life ain't all they say it is!... :ph34r:

Hope you hear some good news soon!

Well, my letter would have been a little more demanding as to how their system can be so screwed up and what they are planning to do about it, but that will not help your case.

If I had waited that long and had to spend additional money and time filling out forms to make up for their own inefficiencies, I would make a few dozen copies of the letter and mail it to every office in the food chain from the local office right up to the white house.

This is obviously a system with more holes in it than swiss cheese. How many "background checks" do they have to do for the same 2 people and again, how do they justify that when there are about 12 million illegal aliens in the US that they know about and HAVEN'T done background checks on!!!!

Really, I would write a nice polite letter with dates and send it to every single agency you have dealt with AND all of their bosses. Send your letters to every single immigration related office in Wash, D.C. and every State, County and City official including EVERY member of the senate and the house of representatives.

After a year of getting stroked the way you have, the only way you will get and response is if you embarass the right person.

There is just no excuse for them to be this irresponsible!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

EDIT: If you do write a letter, BE SURE to CC: EVERYONE that you have sent the letter to. If just one office gets it, it could easily get "lost". But when 1 office gets it and they know that their boss got it and their bosses boss got one also, it is very unlikely that your request will slip through the cracks again!!!!! Good Luck!!!

Edited by cosmiclobster (see edit history)

Give em hell Darrell. You have her here now theres not so much need to be nice. Write your congressmen, senators, the local editorial page of your newspaper. local radio talk show. Bitch to anyone that will listen. Squeek until the wheel gets greased.

ok here is my current mailing list. I am waiting hfor my Rep's website to come back up so I can get is address info if anyone has more names to add to my list please inform me.

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

ATTN: Case Problems

United States Department of Homeland Security

245 Murray Lane

Mail Stop 1225

Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

U.S. Senator John Cornyn

Occidental Tower

5005 LBJ Freeway, Suite 1150

Dallas, Texas 75244-6199

U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison

961 Pickle Federal Building

300 E. 8th Street

Austin, TX 78701

Citizenship and Immigration Services

ATTN: Case Problems

8101 N. Stemmons Freeway

Dallas, Tx 75247

Federal Bureau of Investigation

Records Management Division

Deputy Assistant Director

Attn: Robert J. Garrity, Jr.

J. Edgar Hoover Building

935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW

Washington, D.C. 20535-0001

Edited by se_lang (see edit history)

Good list, Darrell

I would also add the local Dallas office of the USCIS (since they are at the heart of the inactivity) and your congressperson and the governor of Texas.

I personally think your congressperson is the best person to go to bat for you. While the governor may be a long shot, it shows that you will not just sit down and shut up on this one.

I also think Carl has a good suggestion. The local TV channels and newspapers love a good public interest story and when the govt people see that the media also got a copy of the letter and the govt stands to look inefficient and apathetic in the eyes of the media, someone will get up off his ass and do something!!!!!

Good luck and give em hell, horny smurf dude! :lol:

P.S. the house of representatives website has local and Wash, D.C. addresses for every representative. Even though his personal website is down, you can still get the mailing addresses. Send copies of the letter to both!!!!!

Here is the linkHouse of Rep's

Edited by cosmiclobster (see edit history)

give 'em hell....... they should feel the heat for all the grief they give us legitimate applicants....