Oregon get together 4?

I would love to join you guys in the great Pacific Northwest. I'll bet Amy can out talk every woman there! Just PLEASE don't tell her about mop slappin! What she doesn't know won't hurt me!!!

Funds and time off work are tight after 3 weeks in China and 5 days next week in Las Vegas to get married, but aside from that, I'll do my best to get us there!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to join you guys in the great Pacific Northwest. I'll bet Amy can out talk every woman there! Just PLEASE don't tell her about mop slappin! What she doesn't know won't hurt me!!!

Funds and time off work are tight after 3 weeks in China and 5 days next week in Las Vegas to get married, but aside from that, I'll do my best to get us there!

Sorry cosmo dude but my wifey will take the talking challenge and may indeed devulge the secrets of mop fu during the 'talk fest'

Congratulations Steve and Amy. We will have to celebrate the wedding both in Oregon and in San Luis Obispo. Also Jim and Jennifers at least by the San Luis Obispo meetup.

What a great idea! Having so many CFL'ers celebrate our wedding with us! Maybe all those wedding gifts will offset the cost of getting there! :lol: :lol: *hint* *hint* heh heh heh

(Hopefully you all know I am kidding about this - I would go to meet the wise people who have chosen similar life paths as ourselves, the gifts would be icing on the cake!) he he he

Dan: When is the SLO get together? I'll use any excuse to ride on the Coast Starlight train again (aside from meeting some good people, OF COURSE!) Please let me know. Thanks!

Okay, sign me up for the Oregon get together. I don't know the area, where the event is being held. Could I get an address to the park ? I want to find a hotel close by.

Cosmic,

As Dan mentioned ther Califorians Unite thread in the contact forum is the one to look at:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....8&t=8687&st=360

The dates are the 27/28th of August.

Everyone of course is welcome.

Now I return you to your regularaly scheduled thread.

Jason I don't think they use the word park like we do down here. There was talk about a place earlier where if your shoe size is too big you can't stay inside. Maybe we will all line up and pass through one by one :lol:

Wow! A national gathering of the tribe is happening!

Jason I don't think they use the word park like we do down here. There was talk about a place earlier where if your shoe size is too big you can't stay inside. Maybe we will all line up and pass through one by one  :lol:

Wow! A national gathering of the tribe is happening!

Nu uh-we have to stack up so we can all be there at the same time. I call TOP!!

Guest Long_strider

Jim....

If you haven't already found a site, you might want to consider Cook Park in Tigard. PM me if you need more information. Have covered picnic areas, basketball, softball, place for horshoes and bad mitton. No pits, but does have BBQ stands. It's on the Tualitin river. Do need to make reservations

long_strider

Need some specifics still. I want to be able to make my reservations for the flight, and hotel at the same time. I hope I will not have to rent a car, but we shall see.

Hardly anywhere from anywhere to anywhere in the Portland metro area is more than 30 minutes. Picking you up at the airport shouldn't be a problem. Depending on how many are coming we may be able to negotiate a group rate at a hotel. How nice of a hotel do you want? There are many Marriots in the area. One is by Lloyd center which is walking distance from the light rail station. Centrally located. Another is downtown also easy to get to the light rail.