Oregon get together 4?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This promises to be a very interesting get together with Frank, Pj and Trigg coming. I am really looking forward to this one.

One more thing. June is Rose Festival month so there will be many interesting events going on all around the city.

Since this seems to be turning into more and more of a national get-together, I also think we should expand our horizons beyond just the westside, so as to put the best face on Portland. Some place scenic ... yet also a place with a BBQ pit big enough for all the delicious farm animals that Kim and Trigg will be grilling up :lol:

Even though I'm crazy-busy at my work right now ... I'll find a great place and let y'all know ... stay tuned!!!

Don, I know the answer na,na,na, !~~!   :D

I must be too stupid to live. I haven't got a clue.

Must be contagious, I am just as clueless.

We seem to have both the biggest and smallest whatever in the US. Are we lucky or what....

At this point I am voting for... or what??????

The largest city park in the US in Forest Park on the west side of Portland.

The smallest city park in the world (I don't know the name) is downtown on Naito Drive. It is literally, a man hole cover.

:D You guys have a funny idea of what a park is. Geez you couldn't even park a motorcycle in that space. :lol:

Dons Right ~!

And i knew the answer !! (ha, ha!)

But the history of the world's smallest park (I read about it maybe ten ¥ears ago) --- isn't exactly about a manhole cover (although that is about the space it takes up) ---- its about the space taken up by a utilility pole.

Seems there was a columnist at the long now defunct Portland Journal ( it went out of business shortly after I wrote several opinion pieces there in the late 1970's )...

...... said columnist ---- was writing in either the late 1940's or early 1950's ----- (the Journal offices looked out on the the avenue then called Front --- now called Nato ---

---- anyway, this columinist lamented the "progress" of city hall that was pulling up the utility poles to make room for the four lanes that are now present on Nato parkway...

..... As a concession to him, City Hall, declared the spot of the utility pole (pulled out of the ground) outside his window, in front of the Journal offices ---- a city park...

....It was only later that someone said: Wait a minuite! I think we have the world's smallest park here!

And as they say: "the rest is history!"