about chinese real estate

I'm a chinese.Tell me what kind of difficulties you encountered.Maybe I can give you some suggestions.

But I know the price of real estate is very high in china.Chinese expert of real estate say the foam of chinese real estate has been in china.After 3 0r 5 years,the price will be down.I don't why your wife suggest you buy real estate in china now.

I remember my husband had this idea.I stopped him.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like stocks, real estate might go up or down in future.  But real estate is more safe.  If you hold it long enough, you will make money.

Yes.I agree with you.But I think the american who buy real estate in china,they just want to have a home in china,not for real estate business.I think if sb.have large money,he may think over this business.But not now.That is 3 or 5 year later.Because real estate price is real very high in these years.If sb. start to get this business, he must lost money.

meirong

Guest lilac6451

I am sorry I dont know how to use some of the functions of this forum. For example, I tried to quote part of the postings, but ended up posting it.

If you buy houses now in very good place downtown areas, it will still bring your much profit,like in my city.And you can also buy a house in a good place and hire it. The normal yearly rent for a house of two_bed room house will be 8000 yuan at least.( also in my city)

We eventually plan to buy condos in Hunan and Hainan. My SO thinks we should buy one right away because prices are going up all the time. I think she is very naive about asset bubbles. Before the Tokyo real estate market crashed and burned in the early 80s it was said that the land of the Imperial Palace was worth more than the state of California. In the 90s people in the US thought that stocks would go up forever. For the last 25 years China has averaged a 9.5 % growth per year, this cannot continue. Buying real estate now in China is I think very risky. Of course it may continue to go up more but eventually it will without a doubt return to earth. I would rather be there to buy when that happens and not before. IMHO

If you buy houses now in very good place downtown areas, it will still bring your much profit,like in my city.And you can also buy a house in a good place and hire it. The normal yearly rent for a house of two_bed room house will be 8000 yuan at least.( also in my city)

Wow that is way cheap for a year! I lived in a very upscale apartment building with a fabulous city view and I payed 2500 per month...that's 30,000 /year...$3,375/year. 8000 a year hardly gets you $1000 in a year...not a worth while investment.

My husband said that banks in China are saying that you can't sell  until you pay off your mortgage to stop people who are afraid of the market from selling out.

Really. If that is the case, then you probably have to keep it for awhile.

This will not help anything if there is a big drop in real estate values in China. People will just have to walk away and the banks are left holding the bag.

My old boss (he is Aussie) bought a flat in Nanjing for about 150,000 Australian dollars. I think the price broke down to something like 350 RMB/square meter. He said the biggest problem was the taxes...Foreigners have to pay a LOT more.

Must be something wrong with your calculator today dear lady... :rolleyes:

350 RMB/m2 would be like nothing... :rolleyes:

My husband said that banks in China are saying that you can't sell  until you pay off your mortgage to stop people who are afraid of the market from selling out.

Really. If that is the case, then you probably have to keep it for awhile.

This will not help anything if there is a big drop in real estate values in China. People will just have to walk away and the banks are left holding the bag.

forclosure

My old boss (he is Aussie) bought a flat in Nanjing for about 150,000 Australian dollars. I think the price broke down to something like 350 RMB/square meter. He said the biggest problem was the taxes...Foreigners have to pay a LOT more.

Must be something wrong with your calculator today dear lady... :lol:

350 RMB/m2 would be like nothing... :rolleyes:

Yeah..that is the point. It was a few years ago. Perhaps it was 350 Aus/ square meter...All i know is, it was cheap compared to here. :rolleyes:

It was a big place with 5 bedrooms, 2 baths, huge living room, and a big cellar.

Guest lilac6451
[html][code]Wow that is way cheap for a year! I lived in a very upscale apartment building with a fabulous city view and I payed 2500 per month...that's 30,000 /year...$3,375/year. 8000 a year hardly gets you $1000 in a year...not a worth while investment. 

It is not if you calculate in American money.