Officially welcomed

Jack just got his official "welcome to America" "with pleasure" letter from USCIS. Is good to have that, esp since it has the A number on it. It seemed to imply he'd get his green card in a few weeks.

We are still hoping to get the SS card soon. The guy at the local office said he'd never heard of one coming automatically, as I understood ours should. But then called me back later to say he'd done some research and maybe I was right ...

Jack just got his official "welcome to America" "with pleasure" letter from USCIS. Is good to have that, esp since it has the A number on it. It seemed to imply he'd get his green card in a few weeks.

We are still hoping to get the SS card soon. The guy at the local office said he'd never heard of one coming automatically, as I understood ours should. But then called me back later to say he'd done some research and maybe I was right ...

Good news. Yea, hurry up and get the SSN, the US needs the tax revenues. :lol:

Thanks Frank. Well, actually he needs to get his driver's permit, and learn to drive as soon as possible!

Based on your due date, he'd better hurry up and get that license, assuming you trust him to rush you to the hospital when the time comes (which is always during the middle of the night). :D

• 2 weeks later...
Bing's green card came about a week after the welcome to america letter.

They told us the green card could take anywhere from 1 to 11 months... Im sure glad there not sticking there neck out to far to be more precise---they might get a bad name!!!!!

aw the keyboard probably only has the 1 working. Be glad it wasn't a higher number ie 2-22, 3-33 :D :D

Bing's green card came about a week after the welcome to america letter.

They told us the green card could take anywhere from 1 to 11 months... Im sure glad there not sticking there neck out to far to be more precise---they might get a bad name!!!!!

aw the keyboard probably only has the 1 working. Be glad it wasn't a higher number ie 2-22, 3-33 :greenblob: :greenblob:

At least they didn't use decimal precision..

Welcome to the US , Jack !