K1 Denial after white slip

Njbernie:

Congratulations of the good news for your fiancee and yourself !!!

It is alwasy great to see someone succeed even with the hurdles placed in front of them. Waiting to read the long version.

Again, great news and good luck in the future to the both of you !!!

Mark

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest winterslush

This same sort of thing happened to my fiancee today. She got her white slip yesterday with many other people. Today they are all standing outside the consulate and when the staff is done reading the names, there are four people who didnt get their visa. My poor Springmud is just so miserable now. What makes it worse is they asked the four people to wait there, then hours later someone else told them that all of the consulate workers had gone home. Without even saying a word to my fiancee or the others !!! They didnt give any other slips or anything. Not a single word of explanation. So now She is stranded in GZ with nowhere to stay because that trade fair is going on. Her air ticket back to Shanghai is useless, and we dont even know what will happen on Monday if anything will happen at all !!! Has anyone ever gone through this before? Can anybody help us?

This same sort of thing happened to my fiancee today.  She got her white slip yesterday with many other people.  Today they are all standing outside the consulate and when the staff is done reading the names, there are four people who didnt get their visa.  My poor Springmud is just so miserable now.  What makes it worse is they asked the four people to wait there, then hours later someone else told them that all of the consulate workers had gone home.  Without even saying a word to my fiancee or the others !!!   They didnt give any other slips or anything.  Not a single word of explanation.  So now She is stranded in GZ with nowhere to stay because that trade fair is going on.  Her air ticket back to Shanghai is useless, and we dont even know what will happen on Monday if anything will happen at all !!!  Has anyone ever gone through this before?  Can anybody help us?

So sorry to hear about this. It's outrageous that the consulate just left them stranded there. Did GZ give any explanation as to why? Hopefully, you guys can get to the bottom of this.

I hate to say it, but this white slip/no visa scenario is becoming more common. :greenblob: You can check the links & resources section for the names of some of the immigration lawyers in GZ if you think that would help.

This same sort of thing happened to my fiancee today.  She got her white slip yesterday with many other people.  Today they are all standing outside the consulate and when the staff is done reading the names, there are four people who didnt get their visa.  My poor Springmud is just so miserable now.  What makes it worse is they asked the four people to wait there, then hours later someone else told them that all of the consulate workers had gone home.  Without even saying a word to my fiancee or the others !!! They didnt give any other slips or anything.  Not a single word of explanation.  So now She is stranded in GZ with nowhere to stay because that trade fair is going on.  Her air ticket back to Shanghai is useless, and we dont even know what will happen on Monday if anything will happen at all !!!  Has anyone ever gone through this before?  Can anybody help us?

I can understand a busy day at the office, but to leave people stranded outside of a US consulate, to me, is a national disgrace!

I am also worried that when the new offices are opened (rumor has it on June 25th?) then the confusion and dis-organization will get even worse.

So maybe we need to prepare our SOs for this. Book extra days at hotels just in case, and leave extra time for any return flights/trips, etc.

I notice that in the information sent from the consulate says not to make any flight reservations, etc, before the visa is actually received. I can see now this means that for some people, it means standing out side for an unknown amounts of time, even days!

When I was in Guangzhou it was also raining all day.

As far as I can tell, leaving people outside is no way to treat the citizens of any country at the any consulate.

I can understand a busy day at the office, but to leave people stranded outside of a US consulate, to me, is a national disgrace!

Since the Embassy is in China, does the work ethic and way of doing business appear to be more 'American' or 'Chinese' in attitude? I've wondered if such a setup takes on the prevailing attitude of handling people that goes on in that host country?