My appreciation

Shortly after you send the I-129f to the Service Center they will send you an I-797 Notice of Receipt. Once they approve it, then you will be sent a second I-797 Notice of Approval. You'll need the I-797 Notice of Approval later, so keep it safe.

Do we really need the 2nd notice later? When? My SO will need it for her interview? It just seems that it would be evidient that we got it if we get to Guz.... just curious

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shortly after you send the I-129f to the Service Center they will send you an I-797 Notice of Receipt. Once they approve it, then you will be sent a second I-797 Notice of Approval. You'll need the I-797 Notice of Approval later, so keep it safe.

Do we really need the 2nd notice later? When? My SO will need it for her interview? It just seems that it would be evidient that we got it if we get to Guz.... just curious

It's not needed for the interview, but you will need it when you file for adjustment of status after your SO arrives in the US and you guys get married. Guard the I-797 Notice of Approval with your life. It's a real pain in the butt to try to replace if it's lost.

The police cert covers all of China so only one is necessary.

Really? You guys are the old pros, but that's not what the instructions say on OF-169 #3. Isn't every place you have lived since the age of 16?

The instruction is generic for all countries. Take the U.S. for instance until recently Police departments didn't even share info on felonies. There is no agency that watches you and could certify that you hadn't committed a crime. So you would need statements from everywhere you lived and then you might still have done a crime somewhere else.

In this case the family registry used by China, Korea and Japan works in our favor. They have more info about the individual in one place than most countries have scattered around. For this reason one can cover all.

The police cert covers all of China so only one is necessary.

Really? You guys are the old pros, but that's not what the instructions say on OF-169 #3. Isn't every place you have lived since the age of 16?

naaa, just old.

oh heeaack no, he didn't just say what I thought he just said. did he? :P :ph34r: :huh: