My appreciation

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joray, welcome to cfl. You will find friends here. I will try and answer your questions. First of all you didn't mention just how far along in the fianc¨¦ visa process you are. If you are just starting then you need to gather up a few things before he files the I-129F. Accurate biographical information to start with. Your birthplace, birth date, divorce date if any. Your parents birthplaces and birth dates. ex husbands birth date (if any) Your employment history, addresses dates etc. Next get notarial translated divorce decrees (if any) and although it technically isn't required you should get a notarial translated birth certificate as well. If you have any children that will accompany you you will need the same documents as well as written notarized permission from the other parent to come to America. Everything else can wait until you get P-3. This is when it is your turn to provide the information and fill out documents. This is also when you should get police checks and single certificates. As far as the medical exam there is a list of approved places on the consulates web page. Most of them are in Guangzhou. Hope this helped.

Carl

Joray,

You certainly are correct that most of us are American males, but don't worry, all are welcome. I'm sure he would concider you his SO, Nut it can and often go the other way as well. :P Has he filed the paperwork with the immigration office yet? Some of it does need a signature from you as well as a couple of pictures to send with the forms. If that part has been done, really all you can do is wait. Others here have done a wonderful job of collecting forms and proceedures so if asked, it usually is easy to find. Also take a look around. Some things here may seem odd and of a strange humor, but remember that many of us are just lonely men who have not seen our sweethearts for a while and can be a little crazy at times. :)

Also, a lot of discussion is us trying to learn about the place where our lovely wives or fiancee's are from, and how they will be changing our lives once they arive here with us. You input and observations would be so helpful to us and maybe in turn we can help you understand a little about America too.

You have found a new and very large family and we are with you and your SO until you both can be reunited and start your lives together. Hopefully at some point in the future. I'll be able to meet you and your husband perhaps at a get together somewhere here in the states, and be able to introduce you both to my wife. :D Until then, sit back, relax, and welcome aboard the ride. :D

Good luck to Boba and Meixiang! Finally!

But isn't 18 months seem extra long? I thought the process would take less than a year.

Rui

Rui,

You just discovered one of the cruelest jokes about all of this. When Yunhe and I first started this, we had the belief that it would only be 4 to 6 months. :lol: As time went on, I kept having to adjust my dreams about when we would be reunited. Depending on where the process starts, it might take less than a year, but until it does, it is too hard to predict. I can say that each step does have atleast a moment of joy as the process seems to work, although slowly. Maybe our case will be finished soon, but until she passes the interview and has the visa, who knows how much longer our wait will be. This all doesn't seem fare, but the time does go by and the day will come that you will be proudly telling all of us about your interview and the following visa. :lol:

just being here waiting for my man to take care of everything?

That man would be me. We got NOA-2 from Vermont by email a week ago. Now we are waiting on NVC. When Zhou Rui (JoRay) eventually gets the P3 packet, she fills out form DS-230, checks off all the boxes on OF-169 and shoots those right back to GZ.

Does she also submit the I-134 (Affidavit of Support) from me at that same time or does she save that for the interview?

I understand she brings the rest of the documents (NOA2, medical, police certs, birth cert, bank receipt, my intitial application, evidence) with her only to the actual interview. Is that right?

And there's a least a month--possibly 3-5 months--between the P3 and the P4 (announcement of interview date), and generally another month after the P4 before the interview date. That's plenty of time to get the medical exam done and obtain the last police cert (from the most recent city of residence).

If there's anything we need to have ready before the P3 comes, that would be good to know. Mostly, I'm thinking of when that I-134 comes in. Anything else?

Thanks, all.

-Ryan :lol:

When the P3 comes, you return the:

1) D230 part I

2) OF-169 (comes in English and Chinese, I had Zixuan sign both at the bottom in her Chinese name and in Pinyin)

3) Supplemental (that pesty form that wants a few items including the telegraphic code that many say you don't need to provide--but it's easy enough to get).

Here is where you can get a preview of the forms in PDF format...

http://home.comcast.net/~donahso/index.htm

No need to include I-134 ... this is listed in the OF-169 , 10 items for her to collect and bring to the interview, but this form will come from you (most of the rest of the items she will collect together).

So, Yes!! Fill out 3 forms (4 if you count the one in two languages), check off all boxes, sign , and return ASAP.

just being here waiting for my man to take care of everything?

That man would be me. We got NOA-2 from Vermont by email a week ago. Now we are waiting on NVC. When Zhou Rui (JoRay) eventually gets the P3 packet, she fills out form DS-230, checks off all the boxes on OF-169 and shoots those right back to GZ.

Does she also submit the I-134 (Affidavit of Support) from me at that same time or does she save that for the interview?

I understand she brings the rest of the documents (NOA2, medical, police certs, birth cert, bank receipt, my intitial application, evidence) with her only to the actual interview. Is that right?

And there's a least a month--possibly 3-5 months--between the P3 and the P4 (announcement of interview date), and generally another month after the P4 before the interview date. That's plenty of time to get the medical exam done and obtain the last police cert (from the most recent city of residence).

If there's anything we need to have ready before the P3 comes, that would be good to know. Mostly, I'm thinking of when that I-134 comes in. Anything else?

Thanks, all.

-Ryan :lol:

Welcome to CFL. That pretty much nails it except your timelines are a little off. Once you get NOA-2 and it gets to NVC it will take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months to clear there. I would wait about 2 weeks after it left VSC and call NVC 603 334 0700. Talk to a real human, the automated service can't help you. Give them the 13 digit VSC number and her birthdate. They will give you her GUZ number. Call them about once a week until it clears NVC. After that it goes to the DHL warehouse in GZ where it ages to maturity for about a month until it is picked up by the consulate. It is at this time that they send out P-3. It used to take about 6 weeks after P-3 is returned until P-4 but the last few months it has been taking about 4 months or more. You are very fortunate to have filed through VSC though. You may very well get your visa in less than a year. As for the I-134, wait until she has P-3 at least then send it to her. She won't need it until interview. Hope this helped.

Carl

There are quite a few things you can do now...

single certificate

police certificate

passport

biographical data for G-325 form

organize the 'relationship information' like emails, chats, photos etc...

birth certificate

There are also a lot of things to be done on official forms for the P4/interview. You can find the basic forms here on CFL somewhere.

For the single and police certificates you may want to wait until you have P3, so the certificates are fairly new at the time of the interview.

You will need passport photos for your passport and also the I-129F. You will need more for the interview, but they must be within 30 days of the interview, so just get the ones for passport and I-129F now. We did some of ours with a digital camera and printed ourselves. This is fine if all requirements are met.

I think all of the above can be done by you, and only few are time sensitive. There is a lot of time to get things done, but it never hurts to get started now...

Now to say and welcome hi to the other half, :P

Welcome Ryan and it looks like you have everything under way. Once you get your NOA2 in the mail, it will have a phone number for the NVC. Give them a little time and then you can start calling them to keep track of when the petition is aproved and sent to GZ. I must warn you that like all other parts of this, you will be on hold alot listening to lousy music, although it's a little better than what the service center pipe out, and you will get a lot of non-answers about not knowing when it will be aproved but they will let you know. As I am sure you have read above, the I-134 will be needed at the interview so you have some time now before you need to get it to her. Do you plan on going to GZ for the interview as well? If so, you can just plan on taking it at that time. If you have not done your taxes yet for this year? They will want to see the most recent of returns. For the most part, you are at the point of having to just sit back and wait. :huh: I'm hopefully close to the time of Yunhe(Jennifer) recieving the p4. You will know in that I'm sure I'll go thought the typical shouting and jumping up and down, followed by panic and confusion as I try to scramble for plane tickets and final documents. The cirtificates are usually only valid for 6 months so Rui can wait a little bit. Jennifer only in the last couple of weeks had started with the police certificates and other documents. All of that will need to be with her for the physical when that happens. In the mean time, look around and enjoy some of the other forums. We are here for both good times and bad. Believe me I've had both. ;) So, welcome and see you around CFL

Jim

of the rest of the items she will collect together).

So, Yes!!    Fill out 3 forms (4 if you count the one in two languages), check off all boxes, sign ,  and return ASAP.

When I read this my heart momentarily jumped into my throat. Just so there is no confusion, you should only check the boxes which apply to you (on the OF169).

There are quite a few things you can do now...

single certificate

police certificate

passport

biographical data for G-325 form

organize the 'relationship information'  like emails, chats, photos etc...

birth certificate

What is the single cert? She has never been married. Do we need this?

I was just wondering the same thing, ryan.. hehehee.. maybe I can get it from the GongZhengChu.

Another question for the more experienced here! Do I need to get separate police clear-criminal record from every place I've lived in? For example, I've lived in three cities so far, hometown, university town and BJ. Can i just get one clear-criminal record from BJ notory or I have to get three different ones?

And I really love this forum! :D