As a new member I send greetings and thanks for providing and supporting such an informative site. Being in the K-3 process it is heartening to see that Eva and I are not alone in our frustrations with the process. We are currently impatiently waiting P4.

I have Emailed the Guangzhou consulate and received next day replies regarding receipt of Eva’s P3 and completion of the “name check”.

"We have checked the status of your beneficiary's case. We have received the namecheck clearance for her. Due to the high volume of cases, it's hard to predict her appointment date. Once the interview for her is scheduled, we will send her an appointment packet via EMS express mail."

What the heck does "Her case is waiting to be scheduled." mean?

I have seen references about calling NVC and DOS for status updates and I would like to ask a few hopefully simple questions (If there is actually a simple question regarding the K-3 process).

NVC (603) 334-0700

DOS (202) 663-1225

Question #1: Are these numbers correct?

Question #2: When calling do I reference the MSC-XX-XXX-XXXXX number as the CIS file? Or the GUZXXXXXXXXXXX number?

Question #3: What information can they provide? For example: Can DOS verify that she is in the computer system at Guangzhou and is indeed scheduled for her P4?

Thanks in advance for any response......Ron

Ron the number for DOS is correct and the one you want. They will ask you for your GUZ case number and her date of birth and name. They can tell you if an interview has been scheduled yet. Whether you filed K1 or K3 you are not alone here. You will find many helpful people and also someone named Trigg who is really good at humoring everyone else. If you think your life sucks now just listen to him and you will feel better about your life.

Bill

Question #1: Yes. DOS is all you need now. When the recording comes on, press 1 then 0. Then an operator will come on.

Question #2: GUZ #.

Questions #3: Only certain info will be passed on to you. After they verify your case #, you can ask certain questions. They can tell you the case is in the computer at GZ, that she is waiting, whether her background/name check has been completed, and will end with a cheery... She is waiting, but nothing scheduled yet....

(At least thats what I always hear.. :lol: )

Hope this helped you some..

:blink:

What the heck does "Her case is waiting to be scheduled." mean?

First, welcome to CFL, also known as the waiting room.

In answer to your question, it means that you are in the queue for the queue that will queue up for the P4 queue. :P

Actually, I think it means that everything is done except for finding an interview date opening for her so they can schedule her interview. Depending on the volume of applications, this could be upwards of 5-6 months. Check out some of the timelines, and you'll get an idea of how long it's taking from P3 to P4 and from P4 to the actual interview date.

Scheduling of the interview is supposed to be done is some sort of chronological order, but some inside moles have suggested that dart throwing at the calendar is still being used. :P

Good luck, and, yea, Trigg will initiate you to the warped sense of humor exhibited by many of us. Do you like sheep? Cheetos? :blink:

Thanks for the replies. I called DOS and received the hoped for info.

I feel very much better knowing everything is qued.

Thanks again...........Ron

p.s. I can't help wondering if TRIGG has sheepskin seat covers in his car?? Might be a dangerous situation for the other motorist. :ph34r: :blink:

I recently joined this web site.

When I called the DOS today, (1 202 663 1225 immediately press 1 then 0) the lady who answered said "I can only tell you that an interview is not scheduled." She repeated this several times. When I informed her that I was reading a web site that stated more information was available she did give me the date my SO's P-3 was received at GUZ, but no more.

I called back. This time the phone rep was friendlier, certainly more knowledgeable, and he told me the name check was complete with no request for further name checks.

Then, I got the standard "Now you must wait for an interview date" response when I asked what else he could tell me.