I-485 after K-1

Although we're not married just yet (she arrives later in the week) I am getting started on the forms for AOS. The I-485 requires some of the same evidence that was required for the K-1 interview. Are these actually required for us even though we already submitted them in Guangzhou? I hope they gave them back to her, otherwise she needs to get started on getting additional copies.

Another question. Does having been born and raised in China imply any affiliation with the communist party? If one was never a member of the party, what other "affiliations" could there be?

Thx.

No, being born in China does not indicate an affiliation with the communist party any more than it indicates you are a kung fu expert. I've heard that checking the box 'are you or have ever been a member..." is the kiss of death.

Yes, they want many of the same things for I-485-same as they wanted many of the same things for the interview that they wanted for the I-129f. It comes from the Department of redundancy department. I'm pretty sure a new police cert was not one of the things they wanted.

She should get back a load of evidence with the I-134. We submitted a ton for her interview including a co-sponser. All they kept was my I-134 no supporting evidence.

Tax returns, same info from i-134, pay stubs etc...etc... We used again for our I-864. Quite conveinent in my opinion.

Its wise to make a replica copy of ALL things you take to interview. I did and still referred back to what I submitted when filling out the AOS forms.

my AOS is in the mail tomorrow!!!! :blink:

I was there with Helen when she got her medical exam at the Medical Center by Victory Hotel. When we went back to pick up the sealed envelope they tore the binding off the certified copy of her birth record, single affidavit, and her police certificate. They placed what they needed into the envelope. We had a certified copy of the original, so they used that. Helen didn't get the copies back that she submitted with that sealed envelope.

The evidence she brought to the interview itself was not taken from her. The V.O. did look at our I-134 at the end of the interview, but he only looked to see that it was notarized, then handed it back to her.

Like other fiancees and wives here, Helen had books full of evidence to present. She carried in two bags of evidence, but he only looked at the photo album and the I-134.

Only send copies when submitting filings. Whatever you submit with your filings they keep. If you send a copy and they decide they need to see the original, then they will request the original, but they say they will send it back.

When we walked in our AOS filings, the Immigration Officer took the I-94 out of the passport and attached it to the I-485. I had copies, but he said he needed the original. He wrote on the passport page the I-94 was stapled to "AOS filed 31Mar05" and initialed it. We also have the receipt they gave us.

I filed the I-485 with a photo copy of Helen's birth record, translation, and translator's affadavit. The IO just reminded me to bring the original to the AOS interview.

No, being born in China does not indicate an affiliation with the communist party any more than it indicates you are a kung fu expert. I've heard that checking the box 'are you or have ever been a member..." is the kiss of death.

Yes, they want many of the same things for I-485-same as they wanted many of the same things for the interview that they wanted for the I-129f. It comes from the Department of redundancy department. I'm pretty sure a new police cert was not one of the things they wanted.

Great post and I have a funny story...

We were at the AOS interview and the lady (she was very nice) was firing off the questions "have you ever..." I was translating most of them to my wife because of the verbage and the lady asked about "prositiution etc."

So I asked my wife if she ever made love for money and she replied...

" Yes, sure"

It was funny and we all had a good laugh!