chinese keyboard

Guest sansansman

Guest sansansman

hello all we made it !! she is here and we got married last week!:)

I would like to ask if anyone knows of software I can load on my pc so she can type chinese and chat with her mom? Any information is wonderfull websites ect

THANKS ! :)

You can do a search for "Chinese Language Support" and should find links for Microsofts IMEs. Install the "Simplified" version for your operating system. In the lower right corner, an "EN" shows up which reflects the keyboard input is in "English Mode". If your cursor is within a software that accepts the input method, then you can change the mode to "Simplified", then start typing Pinyin. Feel free to PM me anytime to help get setup.

I'll tack on my own question: Anybody who has actually setup a version of the input method "Wu bi" ? I have Win XP ?

When I was in China, I had two guys tried to do it and they finally gave up, saying "your american operating system won't support this [download]". Also tried with another disk while there. Since back, I have done searches in the US , but yet to find one that will setup and work.

DavidZixuan ÄãºÃ

All you need is on the XP cd. I can't remember off the top of my head, but it wasn't too hard since I was able to figure it out :) . In the control panel you can select to use asian text support to display the characters, and after that set the keyboard up to accept PRCpinyin inputs.

You can do a search for "Chinese Language Support" and should find links for Microsofts IMEs.  Install the "Simplified" version for your operating system. In the lower right corner, an "EN" shows up which reflects the keyboard input is in "English Mode".  If your cursor is within a software that accepts the input method, then you can change the mode to "Simplified", then start typing Pinyin.      Feel free to PM me anytime to help get setup.

I'll tack on my own question:  Anybody who has actually setup a version of the input method "Wu bi" ? I have Win XP ?

When I was in China, I had two guys tried to do it and they finally gave up, saying "your american operating system won't support this [download]".    Also tried with another disk while there. Since back,  I have done searches in the US , but yet to find one that will setup and work.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/us...l_languages.asp