Police Certificate

My hubby has lived in Beijing for 7 years at least, but is orginally from Harbin. This means he has to provide 2 police certificates. However, the Beijing authorities are giving him crap, saying that the first one from Harbin should be sufficient. Anyone else having this problem.

:greenblob:

In looking at the translation we have it doesn't appear a second should be needed. This because the notary simply stated that the person named has never been guilty of any crime. It did not state jurisdiction of record. Never or "to date" means that and should be acceptable as all inclusive. Just make sure the statement isn't limiting as in "within the harbin police district". I have seen several of these and none were limited like that.

Relax Girl you guys will do fine.

Thanks...I guess I should not have gotten all crazy on him this morning then.  I will call him now...hehehehe...oops.

But the english versions implies that more than one may be needed....GRRR

You punished the poor guy for something the government wrote. I get in enough trouble just for what I say. Shame on you!

Now call him and make up.

LOL!

I don't take it back. He does need 2 they said

Because he lived in Harbin after he was 16, and then moved to Beijing to live there for several years, he needs both.

Damn it all.

So I was right for yelling at him. He apologized to me afterwards for getting so angry anyways.

I love when men apologize for my wrongs...hehehehehe

Hubby lived in Chongqing after 16 before Beijing. However, his hukou is in BJ now and he just got one certificate saying he had no criminal record in China. And, as you all know, he had no probs at the interview.

We've had a lot of discussions about this and most agree if he committed a crime, his hukou would for sure know about it. If his hukou is Harbin and the police certificate is recent and it doesn't just say Harbin, then the BJ police are right.

What they will tell you and what you really need often conflict it seems.