GUZ Need Help ASAP

I am in GUZ my fiances interview is tomorrow 3/23/05. We just came from the hospital every thing is OK but the woman said we are missing a document (Noterized UN-Married paper) what is this?. My fiance has a noterized divorce paper. That should prove that we can marry, why should you have 2 papers that mean the same thing? Can some one help ASAP? Can We get this Noterized at the US Embassy??? :rolleyes:

I can only offer you information based on my own experience. My fiance had to provide both a divorce decree, which we mailed when we first filed, and a notoraized legal document showing her marriage history, or more specifically that she has not remarried since her divorce. We gave this second doc the day of her interview. We too thought the divorce decree should be suffecient, but as I was told the decree proves her previous marriage is dissolved, and the other shows she has not remarried. Im not sure where Yang got the second document. It some govt office in Shenzhen. But I believe it was given to her already notarized (?). Any other opinions?

Best Wished to you and you girl

The medical folks told me the same thing concerning my step daughter. They said, since she was of marriageable age, she needed such a certificate. I figured since she was K-2, we'd go without it - no problem. But, this was for a derivative K-2 rather than K-1.

Jingwen's notarial divorce certificate had a statement to the effect that she had not recorded a marriage since her divorce. Although the divorce certificate has unlimited validity, we got a second one with a more current date on the notarization so that there would be no large gap in the date of the certificate and the interview date (I think it was actually less than a few months). This, coupled with the statment of "legal capacity and intent to marry" form that came with the P4, seemed sufficient for GZ.

Just a side note. Proof of divorce is not necessarily proof that your fiancee had not re-married since her divorce. I don't know about the consulate notarizing a "marital status" certificate, but I would doubt it. My sense is that GZ will be looking for a Chinese document on your fiancee's marital status.

I believe Hai Yan went to a local notary office to get the single certificate. Then she had it translated into English. It sounds like it is a little late to remedy the problem since the interview is hours away. Maybe they will give you a pass if everything else looks good. If they don't, they will ask you to get the proper document, and return to the consulate. :angry:

I think that a local office will work. I had to have a certificate too, so I had to travel to GZ to the embassy to sign a piece of paper and notorize it saying that I was single and eligible to be married... of course when I went over there, I had no idea what a "single certificate" was.... Good luck..

:angry:

My SO simply went to the local notary and made a statement that she was single and had it notarized. She could not get any other document because she was told that it was impossible to get. We will see if it works. I emailed GZ about this but they were of little help. They said: "Follow the notary's instructions." Gee thanks. She has her divorce papers and her notary statement. I think that should be enough.

Okay, my SO has the divorce decree and the single certificate notarized and translated. Her 18 year old daughter is attached to the application and will accompany her to the US. If I am understanding all of this then my SO’s daughter will also have to have a single certificate.

Boba and Meixiang

:angry: