Ling's IR-1 Interview

Squeak and I were talking about Lings IR-1 interview coming up. I am a little suprised she needs to travel all the way back to China for it. She's been here and settled in nicely. It would probably be easier and efficent for both the .gov and Ling to have the interview here. Since the IR-1 Interview is in China and it is still an "Interview", the remote possibility still exists that she could still fail the "Interview". She's traveled back and forth a couple times now. What would Mark need to do in the event that she was handed a blue slip and then had her visa revoked? It's a dreadful thought and not likely to happen, but it's not impossible either. We were curious about it. (I got squeaks Ok for the post.)

Guest blsqueaky
It's extremely unlikely that Ling would get blue slipped on her IR-1 interview. However, if she did, she could either fight it or toss in the towel. Her K-3 would still be valid (unless the IR-1 is issued) and could file AOS on it here in the States.

First, thanks Doug.

Well Don, the way that things are going lately, give white slip. change to blue slip, anything is possible. I think that I would fight it. Another question, would she have to get another passport, or would they just paste the IR-1 over the K-3.

I know that this is still a little ways off, but something on my mind. Remember, I am the guinea pig here, first to do this.

Thanks

Guest blsqueaky
Ah squeak, just have her take her mop to the interview. They'll get the message.

Now Trigg, if your wife was there with her, they would definately get the message. Since the wife has been here, not once picked up a mop in this house, then again, all of the floors are carpeted, and she does know the difference