Letter to Congressmans Office

Okay folks...so far my Congressmans office has only cranked out a couple of e-mails for me...I've never spoken to the Congressman, just his opinionated secretary...during one of our meetings last year she had the gall to say I was acting like a kid who wants things "now"...I kept my cool because I was afraid to show my true reaction....Well...It's time to get a bit more aggressive (Thanks Rick!). read the letter..its self explanatory, and I am hoping it pressures the Congressman into moving his ass!

Dear Ms. Martinez..

I have contacted the office of the Secretary Of Consular Affairs in Washington D.C. urging them to investigate the problems surrounding my case. As you know, I am disgusted by the indifference, incompetence, and injustice of the American Consulate in Guangzhou China.

I faxed a letter directed to Secretary Maura Harty's office, giving her a detailed account of what has transpired since my fiancees interview in December 2004. In the fax I have included a copy of the response you received from Guangzhou on February 8, 2005, along with current information from another couple who also had visa issue/retraction, and "third party correspondence" problems impeding their case. Justice was done quickly because the petitioner stood up for his rights .

I continue to wait for progress,and I am convinced that nothing will be accomplished if no one is taking action. I have been very patient when you consider this process is now in it's fourteenth month..... At this point I am fighting for my happiness, so I need to know if Congressman Bonilla is willing to do more for me. My case has now become a matter of urgency, since USCIS will attempt to revoke my petition.

At this stage, it is reasonable, if not appropriate to demand a personal effort from Congressman Bonilla. He has the authority and power to call officials and get things moving...If Congressman Bonilla is unable to put forth more effort, I'd like to know why in writing, so I may keep his response for my records.

The attachment is a copy of the letter I sent Secretary Maura Harty's office. Please make sure that Congressman Bonilla sees it ....I will fax the remainder of the documents I sent to Secretay Harty directly to your office on Tuesday. I am available to speak with Congressman Bonilla at his convenience, and I will gladly furnish any documentation he needs to resolve my case.

Thank You

Alex Meyer

Best of luck to you Alex. I pray that something good in this comes about for you soon.

Through all this, I wonder if they even care that they're keeping you and your wife apart. It's not "thier" problem. What are the expressions on thier faces? Do they offer any advise or willingness to help? It's not fair for you to prove the where about's of your wife's ex-husband. What package would you have delivered that in? and how many times did they request it? Not tring to add fuel to the fire, but puuhlese... there's got to be some light here. Shame to see what can happen when there's no accountablity, in rejection of a visa. Your on an Island.

Hang in there man. Thanks for the update.