• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pergo is great stuff.  I love it.  Yes it is basically particle board with Formica on it but it looks like wood and is very easy to take care of.  Sweep and damp mop. Simply spilling water on it won't hurt it.  I suppose if you flooded your house it might but you could say the same thing about real hardwood floors.  The new stuff is pretty easy to lay Trigg.  Even you can do it. It is an interlocking system unlike the tongue and groove stuff you have to glue together I put down.  Price was right though I got it free.  I have had it for over a year and my ex has had it in her house for 8 years. It has a 15 year guaranty against scratching.

I work for an insurance co so I see what can happen. True, small amounts of water won't hurt it but if water gets under the top layer it can cause trouble. With hard wood floors water can be a problem too but between the two I think pergo can be more of a problem w/a large water leak. It takes a longer time for the hardwood to absorb water giving more clean up time if necessary. Pergo does look nice and is easy to install, thats true.

The song it reminds me of is "patches'

" down by the coal yard lives a girl named pathces---patches my darlin' from ole shanty town"

God I must be getting old. I remember that song. It was popular in the early 60s.

HEY, wait just one minute. Just because you can remember a song that i can remember doesn't mean you are getting old----does it??/

It does it you remember when "Dixie" was a new song.

I still have my grey uniform--just in case the south rises again (same reason I keep condoms around)