• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a huge disagreement about this topic.

It seems that the consensus of lawyers say that it *is* OK to go to Puerto Rico or Hawaii or Alaska, but that it *is not* OK to go to Guam.

The US Virgin Islands are still considered uncertain.

However, they point out something else: a reason *not* to go to Alaska.

If your airplane must make a landing over Canada, then they are *out* of the country, and hence may not be readmitted (this actually happened to someone going to Alaska before). Hence, until AP is obtained, you may want to be very careful of where you go. Puerto Rico is definitely safe,since like Hawaii, there is just open ocean along the way.

Good Luck!

ps. WE want to go to Puerto Rico too...but likely the AP will arrive before next winter (if all goes well this week!!!)

There has been a huge disagreement about this topic.

It seems that the consensus of lawyers say that it *is* OK to go to Puerto Rico or Hawaii or Alaska, but that it *is not* OK to go to Guam.

The US Virgin Islands are still considered uncertain.

However, they point out something else:  a reason *not* to go to Alaska.

If your airplane must make a landing over Canada, then they are *out* of the country, and hence may not be readmitted (this actually happened to someone going to Alaska before).  Hence, until AP is obtained, you may want to be very careful of where you go.  Puerto Rico is definitely safe,since like Hawaii, there is just open ocean along the way.

Good Luck!

ps. WE want to go to Puerto Rico too...but likely the AP will arrive before next winter (if all goes well this week!!!)

Yes but is the open ocean not 'out of the country'??? I'm not sure why one would need ap or AOS to go to a country that does not require a passport or visa. Who would ask upon return???

Good point Don. Especially since AP in lieu of green card doesn't cut it in Canada. Without a green card your SO must have a transit visa to pass through Canada. Jim B's wife had AP when she went to China and booked a flight to come back with a layover in Vancouver BC. they wouldn't let her board the plane in HK without a transit visa because she didn't have a greencard yet.

Hey, Carl.......ya heard of Pergo? Damn my knees are sore - she won.

Lol you must have known you couldn't hold out forever. The carpet had to go eventually. Some things though just aren't meant for guys over 35 to do. Laying any type of flooring material is on top of the list. I hurt for a week after laying ceramic tile in our kitchen.

I see pain in my future. Pergo??? is ythat the phony wood floor??? My darlin has been giving me advanced warning about the carpet. My guess is i will be doing some remodeling soon. So, tell me about pergo?? How to do?? How much?? How hard??? Can an inept lazy man get it done???/

I see pain in my future. Pergo??? is ythat the phony wood floor??? My darlin has been giving me advanced warning about the carpet.  My guess is i will be doing some remodeling soon. So, tell me about pergo?? How to do?? How much?? How hard??? Can an inept lazy man get it done???/

PERGO WARNING:

It is phony wood flooring, something like laminated partical board.

pergo is not very water resistant. Serously, it can be ruined by water real eazy. If water gets under it, it is ruined.

I see pain in my future. Pergo??? is ythat the phony wood floor??? My darlin has been giving me advanced warning about the carpet.  My guess is i will be doing some remodeling soon. So, tell me about pergo?? How to do?? How much?? How hard??? Can an inept lazy man get it done???/

PERGO WARNING:

It is phony wood flooring, something like laminated partical board.

pergo is not very water resistant. Serously, it can be ruined by water real eazy. If water gets under it, it is ruined.

Thank you. There truly is a God. This will be my excuse to get out of remodeling. Wahooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :redblob: :o :redblob: :P

Now i knoqw why nietze said "God is dead". Gheeeez, how fast I went from Wahoooooooo!!! To pooo Pooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I'm pretty sure that i am not capable of installing hardwood floors. I have a tremendous adversity to hard work and spending large amounts of money.

Pergo is great stuff. I love it. Yes it is basically particle board with Formica on it but it looks like wood and is very easy to take care of. Sweep and damp mop. Simply spilling water on it won't hurt it. I suppose if you flooded your house it might but you could say the same thing about real hardwood floors. The new stuff is pretty easy to lay Trigg. Even you can do it. It is an interlocking system unlike the tongue and groove stuff you have to glue together I put down. Price was right though I got it free. I have had it for over a year and my ex has had it in her house for 8 years. It has a 15 year guaranty against scratching.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh once again I am glad we decided to build a house she got to pick all her flooring with no work on my part. :D  :lol:  :P

Yea man, but I ain't rich like you. I have to keep my ole run down 2 room shanty on the poor side of town. Hmmmm, sounds like that would make a nice song title.