affidavit of support

In the instructions it states "You should give the completed affidavit of support with all the required documentation to the sponsored immigrant for submission to either a Consular Officer with form OF-230 application for immigrant visa and alien registration to an Immigration Officer with form I-485, application to register permanent residence or adjust status. The sponsored immigrant must submit the affidavit of support to the government w/in 6 months of its signature" The instructions say the sponsor mails the form to the NVC so I do not understand what the above is referring to. Does my wife submit a 2nd copy at the interview?

Guangzhou IV unit is an 'alpha' post. Alpha designated post are handled by the NVC.

Other IV units in american consulates around the world are 'beta' posts. At these posts, the applicant hands in the I-864 to the interviewing VO.

Although the immigration process goes thru the NVC before sent to GZ, I do recommend having your SO carry a completed I-864 along with the other evidential documents on the day of the interview.

You DID have a shameless run a while back. PJ pays me by the word count- not post count. :D

Shameless!!!! :)

How could you say such a thing???? ALL my posts are pearls of wisdom jems of wit, inspiring, intelligent and meaningful.

I will be making and taking a notorized copy of affidavit of support and all supporting doc to the interview.

T

Guangzhou IV unit is an 'alpha' post. Alpha designated post are handled by the NVC.

Other IV units in american consulates around the world are 'beta' posts. At these posts, the applicant hands in the I-864 to the interviewing VO.

Although the immigration process goes thru the NVC before sent to GZ, I do recommend having your SO carry a completed I-864 along with the other evidential documents on the day of the interview.

This leads me to believe that the decision is usually made before the interview.

Dude, The NVC and USCIS websites are all screwed up. The procedures on the website are garbage. Your right behind me. Get the app. fill it out and send it back. I stalled because I tried to figure out what the heck they meant too. Don't stall. Don't think too hard. 3 years taxes w/w2's and a signed page 6 in front of a Notary. Mail it!!! You'll be getting the bill for the ds-230 soon. ($335 money order.) Mail it back and wait another 6 weeks. The information you will recieve in the package conflicts with the info on the website. Send me a PM, if you find yourself over thinking and stressing out. I did the same.

Eeorre, your posts are fun to read, except that one time you went off about the Canadian Rail Road. You lost me on that thread. :P :blink: :D

OK, you guys are confusing me as to what to send when and where.

The GZ consulate's K-1 FAQ (http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/kvfaq.html) says:

What kind of Affidavit of Support does my K-1 petitioner need to prepare for my visa interview?

K-1 petitioners should prepare the I-134 Affidavit of Support, which they can get from their local CIS office or on the CIS website http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/. However, it is not a required document as long as applicants can demonstrate at the interview that she/he will not become a public charge in the States.

Has anyone ever been asked for the I-864 in Guangzhou? Is that maybe only required for spousal or family-based visas?

I was under the impression that I should send the I-864 for once she is here and we are married. If anyone can clarify, please help. I'm making myself crazy with all this stuff.

Eeorre, your posts are fun to read, except that one time you went off about the Canadian Rail Road. You lost me on that thread. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Mengxin,

Thanks for the compliment ! ! ! ! Got the affidavit of support sent out today (2/28)

I once read an artical that the us gov helped bail out the Canadian rr. The PA rr along w/some others in the us have gone bankrupt and still are. The CNR is still up and running. I was trying to find something on line for you to read about it but I can't find anything. My point was that the us gov spent the money to help the Canadians while the us owned went bankrupt.

Eeyore.