Hi Everybody,

I know it's been a while, but I've been so busy I don't know what to do with myself.

I'll be on my way to Hong Kong Sunday morning arriving Monday evening at 7pm. ShuPing says the trains to GZ don't run that late, but I wondered if anyone knew of an alternate route or train to get there. Hong Kong's fine, but I'm eager to see my wife. What about that HK to GZ express train? Does it run after 7pm?

I've got my digital pics printed, my telephone records printed, copies of e-mail and IMs printed, taxes for the last 3 years and myself. What else should I take to GZ for the interview? ShuPing has the Affidavit of Support forms and other paperwork that they sent to her and we'll go over it with a fine tooth comb, anything I might be forgetting? Remember, we are K-3.

Any advice would be nice. Don't wish us luck, 'cause luck has nothing to do with it. We are being led by the hand of the Almighty.

Who all's in GZ next week? Let's get together.

Yeah, RMark,

It has been a while ! (I think, actualy I'm pretty busy right now too..)

But Mark, didn't we all help you with this problem sometime mid-last year???

.... if you get into HK in even the afternoon... seems almost impossible to get to China the same day....

...but you are right to assume that the express train HK to GZ is your best bet... Just don't know if it runs as late as you want it to...

... keep us posted!

Best of Luck to you Mark.

I do not know about the train to GZ, but both times I have arrived in China it was around 6:00 or 7:00 pm. We had no trouble finding a bus to the border and getting into China. I do not know if they have busses that go to GZ from the airport, but it might help to see. I wish I could be more help.

Good luck on the interview. I know we are less than a week away from it too.

Dave

Hi Everybody,

I know it's been a while, but I've been so busy I don't know what to do with myself.

I'll be on my way to Hong Kong Sunday morning arriving Monday evening at 7pm.  ShuPing says the trains to GZ don't run that late, but I wondered if anyone knew of an alternate route or train to get there.  Hong Kong's fine, but I'm eager to see my wife.  What about that HK to GZ express train?  Does it run after 7pm?

I've got my digital pics printed, my telephone records printed, copies of e-mail and IMs printed, taxes for the last 3 years and myself.  What else should I take to GZ for the interview?  ShuPing has the Affidavit of Support forms and other paperwork that they sent to her and we'll go over it with a fine tooth comb, anything I might be forgetting?  Remember, we are K-3.

Any advice would be nice.  Don't wish us luck, 'cause luck has nothing to do with it.  We are being led by the hand of the Almighty.

Who all's in GZ next week?  Let's get together.

Unfortunately the train from HK to GZ does not run after 7:15pm. I would suggest the HK airport-GZ shuttle bus. It may take longer than train but it's more convenient especially if you are not familiar with all the transit thing. There are lots of bus companies and lines right at the exit gate. I would suggest the CTS which is the biggest among all though a bit more expensive (around HKD250 as far as I remember). Other than carrying your luggages on and off the bus when going through customs, everything is comfortable. BTW, I took shuttle bus to and from HK airport. It was not too bad cos I traveled light.

You can take the one to China Hotel then take a taxi to the hotel that you are going to stay. Usually the taxi fee won't be over 30RMB from one point to the other in downtown area.

More info about the shuttle please see http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/cbt/cross.html

Bon voyage and good luck!

Yvette

I arrived in HK late at night so there was no train running. Mark and Bea helped me figure out what busses to take to get to Shenzhen. It required a transfer in HK. While waiting for what seemed like forever for the second bus I talked a taxi driver into taking me to the checkpoint for 50 HK dollars. You may be able to negotiate a similar deal from the airport for around 100 HK dollars. Once in Shenzhen you could probably catch a train or bus to GZ.

Thanks a lot Corvette and DaveR.  I'll have to think about the bus, maybe that's the way to do it.  It'll cost me a night in a hotel in HK or a bus ride to GZ.  The bus ride gets me there quicker though.

Yeah true. The HK airport-GZ bus is direct line without stop-over. It will definately save you money cos the accommodation cost in HK is rediculous. Last Nov I had a bizz trip to HK and lived in a so-called 3-star standard hotel. It really suxed. The room was small, the beds were small and the tv was small. However it still cost over 900RMB. With the same price you can live in a fancy 5-star here. :D You have to come over GZ anyway, so better come right away.

Thanks a lot Corvette and DaveR.  I'll have to think about the bus, maybe that's the way to do it.  It'll cost me a night in a hotel in HK or a bus ride to GZ.  The bus ride gets me there quicker though.

Yeah true. The HK airport-GZ bus is direct line without stop-over. It will definately save you money cos the accommodation cost in HK is rediculous. Last Nov I had a bizz trip to HK and lived in a so-called 3-star standard hotel. It really suxed. The room was small, the beds were small and the tv was small. However it still cost over 900RMB. With the same price you can live in a fancy 5-star here. <_< You have to come over GZ anyway, so better come right away.

My girl is all over it (no, not the toilet seat Doug). She was checking the bus times before I even mentioned it to her. Buses leave at 8, 9 and 10 pm. I didn't know they went non-stop through to GZ though. Thanks Corvette.

Hey thanks Doug, I'll have to question her about that toilet seat deal, since our apartment in Nanning didn't have a toilet, only a squatter. Had to have been the one at the hotel in GZ.