Now the fun begins

My fiancée arrived in Connecticut on Jan15, 2005. She if from Guangzhou, If you live in New England you will know we got pounded by lots of snow and freezing temperatures. We made due keeping warn indoors. I started nice cozy fires in the fireplace. She calls my place a jungle it is actually a suburb. But anyway I applied for her SSN on Jan 29, 2005 She received it in the mail 7 days later, but she needs DHS authorization. We married on Feb 15, 2005 it had something to do with being a lucky Chinese day for marriage. Yes I will file a name change with the SSN; her number will remain the same. {If I’m lucky they will forget to write " Valid for work only " ok maybe not

Now for the fun part. All of her paperwork was taking at the Detroit POE, The most important one was her birth certificate and everything else we may need to file for the I-485 form. I will have to get duplicates from China unless there is a way to get the INS to send them to me. I have not read of anyone asking for them from the INS. Of course she has found a job, but she does not have an EAD. What is the fastest way to receive an I-765 EAD? Should I E-file online? Apply at a local office {I was hoping to file the I-485, I-131and the I-765 at the same time now it is impossible without the supporting documents]

How long is the EAD valid if it is not filled with the I-485? I think I read that in this forum it is only valid for 90 days. I also read they grant the EAD the same day in Boston, I also read they now send everything to Chicago. My hindsight will be 20/20; as usual foresight is still very weak. Thanks for any info

:lol: :( :lol:

It all depends on where you live. They are phasing out local control of the AOS application process. By April I believe they will all be processed at national service centers much like the I-129 F. If you are lucky and live in one of the few places left where you file locally you can make an appointment online and turn in your papers in person. Here in Portland you can get the EAD the same day.

Good luck

Of course she has found a job, but she does not have an EAD. What is the fastest way to receive an I-765 EAD? Should I E-file online? Apply at a local office {I was hoping to file the I-485, I-131and the I-765 at the same time now it is impossible without the supporting documents]

How long is the EAD valid if it is not filled with the I-485? I think I read that in this forum it is only valid for 90 days. I also read they grant the EAD the same day in Boston, I also read they now send everything to Chicago. My hindsight will be 20/20; as usual foresight is still very weak. Thanks for any info

:blink:  :(  :P

is that EAD really necessary since she's got SSN and found a job? Also i'm told technically K-1 holders are allowed to work anyway. :unsure:

not sure also if I can use my marriage name to apply AOS or have to be my passport name (maiden name)?

Of course she has found a job, but she does not have an EAD. What is the fastest way to receive an I-765 EAD? Should I E-file online? Apply at a local office {I was hoping to file the I-485, I-131and the I-765 at the same time now it is impossible without the supporting documents]

:blink:  :(  :blink:

is that EAD really necessary since she's got SSN and found a job? Also i'm told technically K-1 holders are allowed to work anyway. :unsure:

not sure also if I can use my marriage name to apply AOS or have to be my passport name (maiden name)?

Yes, but the K1 authorization ends after 90 days...

If she wants to continue to work past that, she will have to have an EAD...

Really? Boston can obtain one the same day? How??? Please share this with me if it is true!

When I filed for EAD you could NOT file EAD until you file for AOS. You can file at the same time but cannot file EAD first.

In typical Catch-22 fashion, a K-1er in the South technically can file under Category (a)(6) before the AOS is filed, but the EAD is only good for 90 days, which is about as long as it takes to process the EAD. Don't waste your time in trying to get an EAD in the South before you file for AOS.

:rolleyes:  :)  :P

is that EAD really necessary since she's got SSN and found a job? Also i'm told technically K-1 holders are allowed to work anyway. :P

Yes, but the K1 authorization ends after 90 days...

If she wants to continue to work past that, she will have to have an EAD...

Really? Boston can obtain one the same day? How??? Please share this with me if it is true!

I understand K1 authorization ends after 90 days, but what about SSN? thought so long as get SSN you are eligible to work in the country? :)