affidavit of support question

IRS offers two options for obtaining 1040's for prior years. One is a free transcript which takes 10 days the other option is a copy of the forms filed for $39.00 and takes 60 day. My questions is can I use the transcripts to send w/the affidavit of support? I have the w2's and all the supporting doc just not the original 1040's

Thanks, eeyore.

Chinese wife,

Thanks for the welcome back and info. I ordered the transcrips on Sat over the phone and was told 5 to 7 business days. Just was not sure if I could use them or needed copy of original. My wife said that there was some info on 001 that stated transcrips are ok too.

Again, thanks for the conformation.

I ordered the transcrips on Sat over the phone and was told 5 to 7 business days. Just was not sure if I could use them or needed copy of original. My wife said that there was some info on 001 that stated transcrips are ok too.

Again, thanks for the conformation.

I requested transcripts well in advance of the interview date - got them about 3 weeks after the interview. I used my file copies of the returns with a notarized statement from me that the copies were exact copies of the originals. The VO didn't bother to look at them.

Exactly, that's why I chosed 'sawadee' as my name here, I like Thai culture and it is in Thailand I first met my LG in person. (By the way I got my proposal in a nightboat sailing in the Thai Gulf, while I was suffering nausea)

I have also noticed that you changed '?' to '!!!', I did not know that it could be changed. :lol:

Guest hakkamike

Thomas, the only problem I can see is it being TAX time and you may have a longer wait, if I remember right it only took me around 20 minutes or so to get er done but that was around May I think(get there early and maybe bring breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner lol lol)??

Later, Michael Perez