Medical Insurance

Thanks for the info Ken. I bookmarked that website. This may be the answer I needed on providing insurance for Ping. Currently I am uninsured and this seems to be good coverage at an affordable rate for her. It also includes pregnancy after the first 12 months. ;)

Now do you have one I can get within reason?

Dan,

I just changed my own personal coverage over from BC/BS major medical to BC/BS minimal coverage (often called catastrophic coverage). The new coverage provides no doctor care coverage. So all costs are out of pocket. It does cover you for hospital costs if you are admitted. It will pay 80% of hospital costs. Once you have paid 3000 dollars the coverage is 100%. My monthly premium costs have gone from 440 dollars to 62 dollars. There is some risk involved but even if you use doctoors from time to time, you should still be way ahead of the game. I cannot afford to pay over 5000 dollars a year for health insurance for myself. Now my wife and I have coverage for 200 a month, although mine is just for hospital.

I never had this problem when employed full time, but my life circumstances have changed.

Ken