Going to Interview with SO

Very few. Mooncarolcafe's was the worst. They drug that poor man and his wife through hell and back but in the end they prevailed. I recall one other case where the petitioner went into the American services unit and got it cleared up right away but that is the exception rather than the rule. Usually it's a blue slip process that is cleared up pretty fast if you're there. I still believe it makes a significant difference to be there.

It isn't easy for everyone to be there. I really think that if the petitioner is there then the VO cannot deny it as a true relationship, especially with all of the phone bills, emails, pictures, and visa stamps. I feel pretty confident, especially since she has mastered the english language and I can speak mandarin. There is always that slight nagging feeling, "what is this, what if that." I just hope that if there is any problem that we can resolve it quickly. If not then I will have to find a way to extend my visa until it's resolved, even though I could loose my job. It really pisses me off that one person can have all this power to put such a strain on your life. Don't we pay these guy's salaries anyway?

I really wish I could be there, But I have a Government job and can't get any vacation time for March 9th. But My S.O. tells me every day not to worry. She will get the visa and be on the next plane out.

I pray she is right. I want to be there and I could just use Family Friendly leave,,, I think,,, I don't really know. But she tell's me,,, It is important we save money for our little family and not to worry.

I think it is a big Plus to be there for the interview. I envy all who can make the trip.

Good Luck To All

Rick,,,,

I really wish I could be there, But I have a Government job and can't get any vacation time for March 9th. But My S.O. tells me every day not to worry. She will get the visa and be on the next plane out.

I pray she is right. I want to be there and I could just use Family Friendly leave,,, I think,,, I don't really know. But she tell's me,,, It is important we save money for our little family and not to worry.

I think it is a big Plus to be there for the interview. I envy all who can make the trip.

Good Luck To All

Rick,,,,

If you can go, if it is at all possible with your FF leave then you might want to try. Northwest airlines can swing some good deals. I know you would be glad you did but she sounds like she is very confident so that is REALLY good. Sometimes it is very hard to keep encouraged.

Mark:

You are an inspiration to me. I mean you actually made it through all this alive. It is killing me-the worrying about paperwork getting lost, the worrying about malicious people sabotaging me because I didn't pay them for help, the worrying about how long it will take...aye-oh!!!!....

I will say that after all you have done, if you do get denied, I might just have a stroke!

Please let us know how it went, and how you made your presence known. (who you checked in with, etc..)

I wish you and your SO the best.

I'm planning to be there for my fiancee`s interview on 3/23. I usually fly on United and the best fares I've found recently are about $800 from Wichita to Hong Kong. I'll take a train to Guangzhou.

I have no idea if my presence will make any difference. I suppose that in marginal cases it does make a statement about the American's committment.

However, I think that the visa officer is also looking for signs that the relationship is fake from the Chinese side, that is, looking for Americans being led into a relationship just for the visa.

Good luck to all interviewees, but please save a white slip for my Ling : )

It is never a "done deal" There is no rhyme or reason or sure fire way to avoid the blue slip. Some people only visit China once, fiancee goes to interview and passes no sweat. Others like Mooncarolcafe go to China a gajillion times have what one would think is a slam dunk case and get run through the wringer. There is a lot of speculation that the decision is made before interview. I subscribe to that notion. If you are there you can handle the blue slip more easily avoiding multiple trips to GZ for your SO. To be there for the interview has been heavily debated here before. I know if I had it to do over again I would be there. My wife really needed me then and I wasn't there for her. I understand that not everyone can. If it meant losing your job over for instance. If you can swing it by all means do.

It is not possible for you to get vacation, under any circumstances?

Rick, I have a belief that the decision is largely made before the interview but that the personality and sincerity of the lady can overcome a previous negative attitude and the confidence she speaks of will go a long way to make it happen.

If you don't have the number one risk factor, a big age difference, then you will probably be okay. She is not from Fujian province is she?