Interview Monday

My lawyer was able to contact the officer in charge and convince him that the VO should be instructed to talk to me directly. He had previously appeared before the officer in charge who had been part of the appeals process in the migration department. A handy contact. A comment that the case would inevitably pass on appeal seems to have put things back on the rails.

The visa will be a 2 year temporary visa. Once the temporary visa is up, she can apply for citizenship if our relationship is still in place. The government here is keen on temporary visas as a method of weeding out some of the mistakes. Seems reasonable to me...

Sydney to Perth is more than 6 hours by plane. Domestic airfares here are expensive due to the distances and the low population. Having said that, there are some fine places to see. I think life here is a little less frantic than the US.

Well Chris,

CONGRADULATIONS ~!

We have head several stories here where the Chinese SO has pulled off the tought interview in GZ --- (speaking English ---including my Fei) --- but this is certainly a first!

Where the CHL member pulls the interview fat out of the fire speaking Mandarin!!

.... But of course, you are "down-under" where the earth revolves in the opposite direction... doesn't it? :D