GRRRRRRRRRRRR DORA

When we filed for AOS we went through a special program here in Dallas should only take 90 days to get green card. Well guess what we got in the mail today.........................not a freaken green card, it was a letter saying they won't be able to complete her AOS within the 90 days and gave her an appt for the 9th to go in and get her EAD/AP filed oh gee thats all I want to spend more money, needless to say I am in a bad mood :P but at least she is here with me now so that is a plus.

Let me just say that the fees for these items are outrageous. We already paid several hundred to get the visa, and now I find it's $315 for AOS, $100 something for EAD, lord knows for AP. It's absolute robbery. $70 for fingerprinting? What are they-- printed on gold dust????

(Sorry for the rant)

Let me just say that the fees for these items are outrageous.  We already paid several hundred to get the visa, and now I find it's $315 for AOS, $100 something for EAD, lord knows for AP.  It's absolute robbery.  $70 for fingerprinting?  What are they-- printed on gold dust????

(Sorry for the rant)

$175 for EAD! The fees are steep.

That's why I had to get my stepdaughter's I-485 in the mail before she turned 14. The fee jumps $100 after 14!

This is only the beginning. Wait 'til you get to naturalization and citizenship!

N-400...$320

N-600...$240

Not only does it cost to live in America...it cost just to be an American!...... :lol:

Let me just say that the fees for these items are outrageous.  We already paid several hundred to get the visa, and now I find it's $315 for AOS, $100 something for EAD, lord knows for AP.  It's absolute robbery.  $70 for fingerprinting?  What are they-- printed on gold dust????

(Sorry for the rant)

$175 for EAD! The fees are steep.

That's why I had to get my stepdaughter's I-485 in the mail before she turned 14. The fee jumps $100 after 14!

This is only the beginning. Wait 'til you get to naturalization and citizenship!

N-400...$320

N-600...$240

Not only does it cost to live in America...it cost just to be an American!...... :lol:

I am glad that we will never have to fork over the money for the citizenship!!!

MAN ~! AM I EVER TICKED OFF !!

THANKS FOR THIS THREAD ~ ! Because I was going to start one if it wasn't here....

So Fei is now itn the adjustment of status phase...... Gets her appointment for fingerprints (in $70.00 gold dust) on the 18th.... Now comes her appointment for the Employment Authorization Document also on the 18th....

.....and guess what: ITS ONLY AND HOUR AND A HALF AFTER SHE IS SUPPOSED TO REPORT FOR HER EAD APPOINTMENT -------IN A DIFFERENT PART OF TOWN ~!

EAD Appointment: "Be prepared to wait approximately one hour"

Fingerprint Appointment: "NOTE: IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED ABOVE OR FAIL TO REQUEST A RESCHEDULING FOR GOOD CAUSE BEFORE THE DATE ABOVE, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED ~!"

So how, much you may ask, have I paid for this "service" from The Feds ??? ($560.00 to date..)

But it gets better... Fei and I were in to the SS office in early Jan. to get her SS card.

It never came.

After over an hour on hold, we find out: yes, she has an SS number BUT !!!

THEY CAN'T JUST RE-SEND IT !!! (

since she is foreign born --- HOME LAND SECURITY! :lol: ) --- she must come back personally to the SS office, and take a number and wait ...... and wait..... and wait....... the first time it took two and a half hours..... NO EXCEPTIONS ~!

---MAN ! WHY WOULD A TERRORIST EVER GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS WHEN HE COULD JUST WALK ACROSS THE BORDER ~!!!

Well she had her appt today, at first I was going to skip it because the website says it can take 90 to get the EAD, I was pissed after being told a GC in 90 day only to get letter saying sorry no can do, but a friend said it could pay for itself in a short time and if we have to wait might as well wait while we don't need it. Well surprise surprise surprise she went in today for the appt and they gave her the EAD card right there on the spot. :lol: :D :lol:

Well she had her appt today, at first I was going to skip it because the website says it can take 90 to get the EAD, I was pissed after being told a GC in 90 day only to get letter saying sorry no can do, but a friend said it could pay for  itself in a short time and if we have to wait might as well wait while we don't need it. Well surprise surprise surprise she went in today for the appt and they gave her the EAD card right there on the spot.  :blink:  :D  :D

Sometimes I wonder if our government is a case of the right hand not knowing what the left one is doing? :lol: :D :lol:

So Fei is now itn the adjustment of status phase...... Gets her appointment for fingerprints (in $70.00 gold dust) on the 18th.... Now comes her appointment for the Employment Authorization Document also on the 18th.... 

.....and guess what: ITS ONLY AND HOUR AND A HALF AFTER SHE IS SUPPOSED TO REPORT FOR HER EAD APPOINTMENT  -------IN A DIFFERENT PART OF TOWN ~! 

EAD Appointment:  "Be prepared to wait approximately one hour"

Fingerprint Appointment:  "NOTE: IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED ABOVE OR FAIL TO REQUEST A RESCHEDULING FOR GOOD CAUSE BEFORE THE DATE ABOVE, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED ~!"

Kim, go to the fingerprint place first and tell them what is going on. They will probably do it right then and there or tell you don't worry and come back after the other appointment. The fingerprint people were very nice in Birmingham.

How long after you got the fingerprint appointment letter did it take for you to get the EAD appointment??????

Yi got her fingerprint appt. yesterday...for march 3rd

You should be able to hammer those nails now with one hit...