FYI - vaccinations for AOS

As part of the Adjustment of Status process for K-1 beneficiaries, the beneficiary has to get or prove to have received a bunch of vaccinations. If any are needed they can be gotten in either Guangzhou or here in America prior to filing for AOS.

Well, Juxin remembers having some shots as a kid, but neither she or her mom can remember what shots she did or did not receive, and of course there is no written records either. So to play it safe, we started fresh and I took her in to the hospital on Friday to get any and all shots necessary to satisfy the Feds.

They ended up giving her 5 shots and two blood withdrawls all at once (plus 2 more shots after awhile). That's when I taught her the definition of "pin cushion". But she never shed a tear, what a trooper! Although one of her arms is still sore. And we never did figure out what the blood withdrawls were for.

Anyway, one nice thing about all of it (for me anyway) is that it was all for free because we're fortunate enough to have health insurance (Keiser Permanente). And there wasn't even the usual $20 co-pay. So our total bill came to zip, zilch, nada, nothing. This as opposed to the $170 or so it would have cost to get 3 shots at a private clinic ... as opposed to the ~300 RMB it would have cost in China.

So ... for those of you in the visa process where vaccinations have hit your radar screen ... keep in mind that if you have health insurance then maybe you can get them for free here in the states. If not then you may or may not want to get them in China. But they are required for AOS.

That's cool.  So, will you still need to go to the "civil surgeon" to fill out the forms, or was the hospital able to take care of that?

No, the Keiser hospital is not on the Feds' "approved" list, so now that we have the vacc. record we'll take it to an approved civil surgeon where (as I guess) they'll look at the vacc. record, fill out the I-693 Supplemental, then bust out the rubber stamp and an invoice for $25.

Hurry up and get the AOS sent in... Im ahead of you now... Im waiting for them to send it back the second time now. Since Iv got two to do... I'll wait for my receipt on the first one before I send in the second..

My insurance would not of covered it... The TB shot for the stepson cost me 68.00. but worth it to get him in school just two weeks after arival...

Just a note

Chinese school must be more intense than our schools... My step son (senior) is way ahead of other seniors in studys here. He has already studyed these subjects last year in China.... He is just laking in English skills. The high schools do put them in an ESL program right off the get go. but unfortunately he is the only Chinese in his class... Many Koreans here though...

• 3 months later...

No, the Keiser hospital is not on the Feds' "approved" list, so now that we have the vacc. record we'll take it to an approved civil surgeon where (as I guess) they'll look at the vacc. record, fill out the I-693 Supplemental, then bust out the rubber stamp and an invoice for $25.

so we may have the vaccination done in a hospital/clinic which is not in the Federal's approved list so long as get certified at one of those approved civil surgeons afterwards? did it work out for you guys? we called 4 hospitals that under the Feds' list, unfortunately all said our health insurance( BlueCross) doesnt cover on this :blink: we need to pay more than 100 bucks in cash for the bloody injections.

so we may have the vaccination done in a hospital/clinic which is not in the Federal's approved list so long as get certified at one of those approved civil surgeons afterwards? did it work out for you guys? we called 4 hospitals that under the Feds' list, unfortunately all said our health insurance( BlueCross family plan) doesnt cover on this :( we need to pay more than 100 bucks in cash for the bloody injections.

so we may have the vaccination done in a hospital/clinic which is not in the Federal's approved list so long as get certified at one of those approved civil surgeons afterwards? did it work out for you guys? we called 4 hospitals that under the Feds' list, unfortunately all said our health insurance( BlueCross family plan) doesnt cover on this :( we need to pay more than 100 bucks in cash for the bloody injections.

My clinic is on the list of approved civil surgeons. So I think wow we can just go have them give the supplement form. Not so, I was told they are, but only do full physicals which of course is not covered our insurance. So we went to Dr. Day over at Lloyd Center. They transferred the yellow book to vaccination supplement at no cost.

Nice thing was we did go to my clinic this week. She needed to see a female doctor (GYN). Thinking wow, this is going to be fun trying to have her explain to me what is wrong and me explain to the doctor. So a little way into the exam the doctor looks at my wife and asks, "Do you speak Mandarin?" Turns out the doctor has parents from Tawain. Sweet!!!

no wonder I wasn't able to find Tawain in the atlas. So now what is a Chinese casn that can be so stupid? Is that a pet?

My SO asks be about spelling so I check the dictionary to make sure I don't steer her wrong. Then she asks if you need a dictionary why do I need you? :blink: :unsure: :blink: I don't know, maybe because I'm cute. :rolleyes:

no wonder I wasn't able to find Tawain in the atlas. So now what is a Chinese casn that can be so stupid? Is that a pet?

My SO asks be about spelling so I check the dictionary to make sure I don't steer her wrong. Then she asks if you need a dictionary why do I need you?  :blink:  :unsure:  :blink:  I don't know, maybe because I'm cute.  :rolleyes:

Goats ain't cute!!! Sheeps is cute-goats is ugly!!!!