ok...I had to call

Guest woaipw

Allright, I had to call DOS or I would have heard it from you know who!!

My fiancee's name was re-submitted on the January 6th. The rep told me no one had a visa approval/issuance today, so she was a little unhappy all she could do was say "sorry, no" to all the callers. Let's hope this 2 week turn around is really true!!!

I would like to remind everyone that two weeks from now puts us right on the cusp of the Chinese New Year, February 1 this year. Everything starts slowing down at least a week ahead of time and takes several weeks to get back up to speed. Don't know yet what the Consulate's actual New Years schedule will be. But be forwarned, even if they are only closed for a few days, things will move at a snails pace for awhile. The New Years celebration, also known over here as "Spring Festival", is the highlight of the year and lasts a full fifteen days.

Of course, the Consulate will not be closed all of that time, but in the staff's collective mind, it is still a "holiday". :)

I don't say this to discourage anyone. But I think we should be prepared for a slow down. It just goes with the territory over here. Everything, except the busses :o , slows down. I know from last year that the Consulate shifts into Tai Chi mode.

Yes, Mick is entirely correct. In fact, this is the heighth of the holiday season for China. Things have already started to slow down as far as getting real business done. By the 24th things will practically grind to a halt. People commonly just don't show up for work, arrive late, leave early, take extra long lunch breaks and just refuse to do any real work.

Yes, Mick is entirely correct.  In fact, this is the heighth of the holiday season for China.  Things have already started to slow down as far as getting real business done.  By the 24th things will practically grind to a halt.  People commonly just don't show up for work, arrive late, leave early, take extra long lunch breaks and just refuse to do any real work.

wonderful.

Yes, Mick is entirely correct.  In fact, this is the heighth of the holiday season for China.  Things have already started to slow down as far as getting real business done.  By the 24th things will practically grind to a halt.  People commonly just don't show up for work, arrive late, leave early, take extra long lunch breaks and just refuse to do any real work.

wonderful.

FYI, the entire China has one week off 2/1 - 2/7. The national holiday is 3 days for Spring Festival, but businesses move 2 weekend around to make it consecutive, so that they might be able to travel. Of course, we don't know GZ schedule. But Chinese postal service has no weekends/holidays. They deliver twice/day/365. So you EMS make it out of the GZ consulate, you will get your mail regardless. My understanding so far all foreign posts celebrate holidays in both countries. If they do, they will have 3 days off, at least a 5 day weekend for this holiday.

The Consulate follows the same holiday schedule as the Embassy.

January 20th - Martin Luther King Day

February 3, 4 & 5 Lunar New Year (I would place a bet on their not working on the 1st and 2nd either and the absentism is going to be very high amongst the Chinese staff for the 6th through the 9th)

February 17 - Presidents Day

February 3, 4 & 5 Lunar New Year  (I would place a bet on their not working on the 1st and 2nd either and the absentism is going to be very high amongst the Chinese staff for the 6th through the 9th)

I want to work for the consulate!

:D :D :D :D :rolleyes: :D

B)

February 3, 4 & 5 Lunar New Year  (I would place a bet on their not working on the 1st and 2nd either and the absentism is going to be very high amongst the Chinese staff for the 6th through the 9th)

I want to work for the consulate!

:D :D :lol: :lol: :blink: :blink:

B)

Mark,

You can't.

You way to hyper.. :D

Not me, where's the test, where do i go, how much does it pay,

what are the benifits, do i have to pass the test, can i study,

Im not hyper, lol,lol,lol

OK. You're desperate... My mistake... Hey ! I'm gonna fire my assistant ! Wanna work for us?

where's the test, where do i go, how much does it pay,

what are the benifits, do i have to pass the test, can i study,

:blink: :blink: :lol: :lol: B) :D

where's the test, YOU HAVE TO STAND WICHITA

where do i go SEE THE ABOVE , how much does it pay MY GRATITUDE ,

what are the benifits GOOD ONES ! TRUE REALLY

, do i have to pass the test ONLY IF YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT THE CURRENCY OF THE GAMBIA IS AND WHAT DDP MEANS , can i study, YES SURE. WE NEED A FINNISH SPEAKER