WAIVER

Guest dcwfn

The process has become terribly difficult as it often does. The question I have is; "If the waiver is not granted, how feasible is it that I go to China and be able to find work in Guangzhou"? Or, If the waiver is not granted, what other countries would be the easiest for us to get into together?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it finding jobs in China teaching English is not very hard. You need not know how to speak chinese. There were several posts on this a few months ago. Maybe you can do a search on CFL and see what qualifications are needed. If I remember correctly it isn't difficult to get the creditials to do this--if you even need them.

Teachers are need in China, english speaking teachers, jobs are fairly decent, you make more money teaching for a company or business, but you can make a fair living considering, I belive you can get a working visa with little problem, I believe your visa can be change fairly easy from tourist or business to worker. I do know of a few that goes to college in China from my school and that stayed to teach.

I'm in the process of writing a book about theaching in China. I spent 3 years there doing just that. The name of the book is "In The Mouth Of The Dragon", a survivor's guide to living and teaching in mainland China.

I'll be offering this book for sale on ESLCafe.com, but I'll gladly provide a free copy to any CFL member..... if I ever get the dammed thing finished, that is. :lol:

I'm in the process of writing a book about theaching in China.  I spent 3 years there doing just that.  The name of the book is "In The Mouth Of The Dragon", a survivor's guide to living and teaching in mainland China.

I'll be offering this book for sale on ESLCafe.com, but I'll gladly provide a free copy to any CFL member..... if I ever get the dammed thing finished, that is. :lol:

I'll take what you've got so far!......lol

My goal is to teach in asia, first part is getting the BA in Fine arts 2nd is deciding on master in fine art at the school I'm at or moving a state away and go to Univisity of Kansas to get degree in asian art.

Not wanting to have to sell house until it time to move to asia(

Beside Thoa already a litature teacher in Viet Nam

Robert and Thoa

I'm in the process of writing a book about theaching in China.  I spent 3 years there doing just that.  The name of the book is "In The Mouth Of The Dragon", a survivor's guide to living and teaching in mainland China.

I'll be offering this book for sale on ESLCafe.com, but I'll gladly provide a free copy to any CFL member..... if I ever get the dammed thing finished, that is. :D

Count me in for one too. I am always looking for information on that subject.

Mei goes to the lawyer with the I-601 in hand for his assistance early this week. I spoke to him last week and he seems to think that yes, there is a good chance for this one to be approved due to the circumstances surrounding it. All I know is that I want it ready and loaded for bear....lol

I want there to be no doubt whatsoever when they look at it over there!

Mei goes to the lawyer with the I-601 in hand for his assistance early this week. I spoke to him last week and he seems to think that yes, there is a good chance for this one to be approved due to the circumstances surrounding it. All I know is that I want it ready and loaded for bear....lol

I want there to be no doubt whatsoever when they look at it over there!

Wishing you and Mei the BEST OF LUCK! and be sure to post as soon as possible. Richard

I suppose for some it would be hard to understand. Still to others it may sound, "cheesy". The fact of the matter is that having Mei back at home is not simply a "want". Having her back home is just like the air I breathe. It's a "have to have". It feels like I cannot survive without her beside me. That's why I say that one way or another, we will be together. As of this time we are waiting for the lawyer to call her back into his office and devise the kick ass game plan for the waiver submission.

On a lighter note. The Super Bowl? Who's gonna win? Frankly, I don't care. On the one hand I want to see the Eagles crash and burn to knock the chip off their shoulders. As for the Patriots, it's time for somebody to knock them off their high horse. I'm still irritated at the way they got rid of Bledsoe after an injury. Nobody should lose their job because they got injured doing what they do best for the team.

Once again I say......."Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead"!

When I started posting in here at first I was hesitant about telling you all about the specifics as to why Mei overstayed her visa. I am now about to do just that. I decided to post things as they come available because since this is a forum to help others in similar situations. I think it is important to share as it progresses so that others who read this will get a good idea of the wide range of emotions that one ccan/may experience during all of this BS red tape. I will continue to post throughout the process at least until Mei tells me herself thst she has her visa in her hand.

As for the beginning and the reason for the visa overstay. She came to the USA on a K-1. She did not marry that man because it seems as if this guy thought he could get away with having a slave. He did not allow her to go outside the house. He wanted her to cook, clean, tend to his every want and need. He even wanted her to have sex on command. The lawyer here instructed her that she did not have to marry him under those conditions and further he told her that she did not have to return to Chiina within the 90 day window for K-1's. As you now know, the reasons for the overstay were not frivilous at all. I'm told that the lawyer told her but one thing that was/is correct. He said that she did not have to marry the other guy because the Constitutionof the United States is not just for it's citizens but for anyone who is present in this country. We can all research that and find that constitutional law almost anywhere.

Now, we have spoken with the lawyer there in Guangzhou. We as you might guess another obstacle. His fee. The fee is not a small one. I/we will pay this fee. We will pay this fee but for this much money it better work. It better work well. Nothing less than her receiving her visa will be acceptable.