interview passed, a little info to pass on

hello all

great news fiancee passed the interview we just returned to the US. she is still a little shocked at the cold and high prices of groceries here. i just keep tellin her almost everything in america is a little expensive, because everyone likes money, lol.

interview went well, i am amazed such a petite girl could carry so much stuff into the interview.

Xiaowen chose to do her interview in chinese, no problems with consulate the interview is ok in either english or chinese.

she was asked only a few basic questions

how we met

where we met

when we met

she also presented the VO with a letter i wrote the day before. stating pretty much the same info as above plus a statement that i speak a moderate amount mandarin. in addition to this she showed the vo some of our pictures and the vo was satisfied.

i also attended the citzen hour the day before Xiaowen's interview and spoke with a vo. there is not much useful information to be gathered here, but if you are going to be in guangzhou anytime prior to the interview i suggest you attend at least just to sign in. they record your name. fiancee name and guz case number and they will know that you attended during the interview. the VO that answered questions during the session i attended said the most important things to her were, how many visits to china the petitioner has made (documented by your passport or notarized copy of passport), a personal letter from the petitioner and pictures. the VO told me they very rarely ask for a video and they will not accept a video on the day of the interview even if you have one and they want one. is only if you are returning with a blue slip will they even consider a video (vhs format). and the last item of importance is your fiancee attitude the vo's look for confidence and speed in answers and getting information.

well i know this is a long post, but hope it will help someone. i would also like to thank all here for the wonderful information provided. and a special thanks to all Xiaowen's 001 sisters for there hospitality.

best of luck to Bob, Auling & Lucky in new hampshire. i know you'll be hearing from us

dansm

and the last item of importance is your fiancee attitude the vo's look for confidence and speed in answers and getting information.

To me that one tip is probably the most important thing we all can tell our SO's when they go to the interview.

Dan, thank you so very very much.

hello all

great news fiancee passed the interview we just returned to the US. she is still a little shocked at the cold and high prices of groceries here. i just keep tellin her almost everything in america is a little expensive, because everyone likes money, lol.

interview went well, i am amazed such a petite girl could carry so much stuff into the interview.

Xiaowen chose to do her interview in chinese, no problems with consulate the interview is ok in either english or chinese.

she was asked only a few basic questions

how we met

where we met

when we met

she also presented the VO with a letter i wrote the day before. stating pretty much the same info as above plus a statement that i speak a moderate amount mandarin. in addition to this she showed the vo some of our pictures and the vo was satisfied.

i also attended the citzen hour the day before Xiaowen's interview and spoke with a vo. there is not much useful information to be gathered here, but if you are going to be in guangzhou anytime prior to the interview i suggest you attend at least just to sign in. they record your name. fiancee name and guz case number and they will know that you attended during the interview. the VO that answered questions during the session i attended said the most important things to her were, how many visits to china the petitioner has made (documented by your passport or notarized copy of passport), a personal letter from the petitioner and pictures. the VO told me they very rarely ask for a video and they will not accept a video on the day of the interview even if you have one and they want one. is only if you are returning with a blue slip will they even consider a video (vhs format). and the last item of importance is your fiancee attitude the vo's look for confidence and speed in answers and getting information.

well i know this is a long post, but hope it will help someone. i would also like to thank all here for the wonderful information provided. and a special thanks to all Xiaowen's 001 sisters for there hospitality.

best of luck to Bob, Auling & Lucky in new hampshire. i know you'll be hearing from us

dansm

Yes I attended the Citizen hour also. Signed in like you did. Got Number 14 the last one to ask a question. I told them I was too depressed to ask one after hearing the 6-9 month wait for an interview after the Petition arrives in guangzhou. Told them I was trying to fiqure out how to tell my wife. But Congratulations on your Wifes Success.

and the last item of importance is your fiancee attitude the vo's look for confidence and speed in answers and getting information.

To me that one tip is probably the most important thing we all can tell our SO's when they go to the interview.

Dan, thank you so very very much.

dansm: Thanks for the info! Glad to see another easy interview!! B)

I also agree with Carl. Your SO needs to walk in there like it's a done deal. She knows she has a real relationship in every respect and the VO only needs to see this in her heart and her actions!

Tell your SO to walk in there, slam her papers down on the desk and ask the VO "where's my damn visa!?!?!" :o

LOL OK OK maybe that's a little too strong! :unsure:

Congrats,

Good luck

Thanks for the info, the more we have the better.

I agree with our SO's walking in there like it is a done deal.

I told mine simply talk to the VO like he/her is a work mate friend.

She is always bragging about me to her her workmates.

Talk to them from your heart and there will be no doubts.

Good luck to all with schedule interviews and those of us still waiting.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...