snacks......YEAH, yes!

we've been married,(i am the wife), and my husband doesn't seem to like most of my snacks, chinese snacks are so gooooooooood to eat, and they are tasty they don't make you gain so much weight.i am not in america yet but i will be in a few months....hopefully i can get some yummy and healthy snacks as i always do here...

question: what do you guys prefer or suggest?

Sorry, I'm exactly the opposite, I'm in China and I can't stand Chinese snacks. What's up with BBQ Chicken Flavor Cheetos? That's so gross! I mean, the problem is it has the Cat and everything on the front but it's not Cheetos!

I'm not gonna mention Shrimp Flavored Candy.

No cheesy or salty snacks! It's driving me crazy!!! I want American snack food! ooohhh... tortilla chips...... :D (Sorry to everyone who's heard me complaining about this for the 10th time) :D

Do you want peach, chocolate, stawberry or blueberry popcorn? HECK NO I JUST want some SALTY AND UNSWEET buttery popcorn! Wah, Wah! :D (Actually I have found some bulk popcorn lately and spent like $2.00 for a single stick of Aussie butter that KINDA tasted like home).

How about some good ole RIPPLED, thick and unflavored salty potato chips? The flavors here can sound and BE disgusting- tomato ketchup, lemon, teriyai steak, Asian seafood- wish I could remember the more nastier ones.

Told my wife I am going back for a month to intercept tax statements, do taxes and NVC paperwork- actually I'm planning to smuggle some GOOD ole American junk food in.

Quit smoking on Dec.10 and I will admit being "hung up" with green tea flavor pumpkin seeds though.

As long as you can find a Chinese store you will be able to have your Chinese snack food. I would suggest not taking up ours because it is so unhealthy. You can get better sunflower seeds at our stores though than in China- that is my husband's favorite snack food. Also you can buy shrimp flavored chips and that type of stuff. A lot of the snack food that I saw in China (and recognized I guess too) was from the US anyway- like M&Ms and Pringles and- a lot of stuff I guess. The thing I miss most from snack food in China is actually Japanese- It is like gummy bears covered with chocolate- the best thing ever.

Do you want peach, chocolate, stawberry or blueberry popcorn? HECK NO I JUST want some SALTY AND UNSWEET buttery popcorn! Wah, Wah! :(  (Actually I have found some bulk popcorn lately and spent like $2.00 for a single stick of Aussie butter that KINDA tasted like home).

How about some good ole RIPPLED, thick and unflavored salty potato chips? The flavors here can sound and BE disgusting- tomato ketchup, lemon, teriyai steak, Asian seafood- wish I could remember the more nastier ones.

Told my wife I am going back for a month to intercept tax statements, do taxes and NVC paperwork- actually I'm planning to smuggle some GOOD ole American junk

Chinese Wife

I'm a fellow popcorn addict. Bring me some too!!! :P Please!!! I'm dying over here!!

Another teacher and I fight over popcorn when either of us gets an uncommon care pack from the US from the sympathetic parents. The unfair advantage is that we don't have a microwave at home so I have to eat mine at the school.. I have to do it when no one else is around or I won't get any!!!

oh yeah, guys, that's what i thought you would response...haha, anyway,

the snack food here in china is not so bad ,you can always find somethin good in the big supermarket, you know? i mean big big supermarket...and one more thing which is important is that we don't need to spoil our body, unhealthy snack food are always hard to resist..many chinese people eat snacks esp women, haha....try some cutural and natural and green snacks....

my husband always likes to grab all cheesy stuff in the store, and bread,butter and that and that....oh .....boy.....he gained 40pound!!!since last summer!

believe me, he is trying every way to lose some before we get back to america!

Have you ever noticed how far the smell of fresh popped corn carries.

long

Yessss

I missed popcorn so much while I was there. Couldn't find any unsweetened (i am diabetic) so I bought a pan and some bulk popcorn. Taught my Laopou how to cook it. She loved it, but no butter (city is too small and no foreigners). Now i bring butter with me and the butter seasoning too. Now all i have to do is teach her that you do not need to eat it with chopsticks! :ph34r:

Have you ever noticed how far the smell of fresh popped corn carries.

long

Yessss

I missed popcorn so much while I was there. Couldn't find any unsweetened (i am diabetic) so I bought a pan and some bulk popcorn. Taught my Laopou how to cook it. She loved it, but no butter (city is too small and no foreigners). Now i bring butter with me and the butter seasoning too. Now all i have to do is teach her that you do not need to eat it with chopsticks! :lol:

Yeah Dragon I can smell it all the way over here in Shanghai :(

Hey Mark Thanks for the reminder. Pick up that butter flavored salt stuff when I pass by the US next week- and a few other things.

What city in Northern Ca.? if I may ask. Lived in the Fairfield/Vallejo area for 30+ years.

Yes, cooked some bulk 'corn last night- 1 pot had 3 spoons of sugar for her- the other was plain salt for me.

Also found baking powder finally- went to over 20 markets in 3 months to find it about- $3.50 a can. How about some asian wok steamed CORN BREAD??? Actually I have adapted the recipe and it it pretty good suprisingly. Tried many other methods before steaming it with the 2 burner gas stove.

What city in Northern Ca.? if I may ask. Lived in the Fairfield/Vallejo area for 30+ years.

I live in the Sierras north of Fresno near Yosemite park. The corn bread sounds great.  I also bring plenty of splenda!

mark

Closest I come to that area NOW is my oldest daughter lives in Modesto.

I'm not a full blown diabetic but I do bring a couple boxes of a Walmart sugar substitute W/ me. Ran out last month and found a local brand that is acceptable in taste for me. Time for a grocery run in the US. This time I expect 6+ month stay.

My wife is vsiting China right now and has told me that when I go back to pick her up we are bringing at least 1 maybe 2 full suticases of just snack food back to America. She is from Hunan one of the 5 spiciest provinces in China. She does not like all the snacks here. She likes american food pretty good but really missed her chinese food while here. Her parents were here for 6 months also visiting and helping with their brand new grandson and got tired of the choice of Chinese food to choose from here in south Florida. Her mom liked American food more that Chinese food, but they could not find a good variety of Chinese food at all down here.