Black Chicken

After our daughter was born I had to go home the next morning to cook up black chicken stewed in sake to take back to the hospital :unsure: Yue has been eating mostly black chicken with some pork liver, heart and kidney (also cooked in sake) for the past two weeks. Like Frank says, $8 for a tiny bird (8 tiny birds in this case).

All this was cut up and prepositioned so a stupid man could cook it :lol:

Whoa! Wendy was looking over my shoulder as I was going through this forum and said "Yes, yes, I have this." Sure enough, she breaks out with a box of the stuff. How do I know it's true?

There's a little white cock on the box :lol: :lol:

(actually, same brand listed on the box - Wuji Baifeng Wan (Tong Ren Tang Pharmacy))

Okay, before I could finish the post, she says "Oh, and I have this for man, too" (Liuwei Dihuangwan)

Now, how'd she get it through customs? :(

Wait till you have donkey skin fermenting on your

kitchen counter for two days.

"Good for Woman"

182118[/snapback]

OMG, where did she get donkey skin?? Now I've heard everything!! :D

Makes the black chicken sound tastey!! :P

My Leiqin's sister sent her three cartons of juice. I looked at the ingredients and it was Donkey Skin, Gellitin and water. What the hell?

She said it was special medicine from China. Now, I believe that Black Chicken may have certain medicinal value, I am very sceptical about this Donkey Skin juice, however....but, who am I do try to change years of Chinese thinking about what is good medicine????

My Leiqin's sister sent her three cartons of juice.  I looked at the ingredients and it was Donkey Skin, Gellitin and water.  What the hell? 

She said it was special medicine from China.  Now, I believe that Black Chicken may have certain medicinal value, I am very sceptical about this Donkey Skin juice, however....but, who am I do try to change years of Chinese thinking about what is good medicine????

182130[/snapback]

I prefer my donkey skin juice shaken, not stirred.

:bleh: :huh: :offtopic:

• 1 month later...
One day , when shopping for food, Ying asks if I want "Black Chicken".  I tell her I have never had it, she says it is good.  Sure enough the chicken is black from beak to claw.  Ying says they grow this way, but I am thinking it has been marinated/processed in something.  It made a great supper, but I still wonder what is a "Black Chicken".

89989[/snapback]

Years ago, I ordered black chicken for dinner on a biz trip in mid China. The engineer I interpretered for refused to touch the black chicken. He said it's crow!!!

Wow!, this "black chicken" reminds me of "white on the outside, black inside" which is contrary to the more common expression "Black outside, white inside" for Uncle Toms. Or, for the Asians, it's called "banana" for yellow outside, white inside.

My laopo said this chicken is for females only. It's a remedy for irregular periods.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)
My Leiqin's sister sent her three cartons of juice.  I looked at the ingredients and it was Donkey Skin, Gellitin and water.  What the hell? 

She said it was special medicine from China.  Now, I believe that Black Chicken may have certain medicinal value, I am very sceptical about this Donkey Skin juice, however....but, who am I do try to change years of Chinese thinking about what is good medicine????

182130[/snapback]

Are you sure these were cartons of juice and not cartons of glue?!? :o :blink: :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whoa! Wendy was looking over my shoulder as I was going through this forum and said "Yes, yes, I have this." Sure enough, she breaks out with a box of the stuff. How do I know it's true?

There's a little white cock on the box :D :D

(actually, same brand listed on the box - Wuji Baifeng Wan (Tong Ren Tang Pharmacy))

Okay, before I could finish the post, she says "Oh, and I have this for man, too" (Liuwei Dihuangwan)

Now, how'd she get it through customs? ;)

182052[/snapback]

tmkeith,

Wow, you are more Chinese than me.

I heard about liu wei di huang wan, but I never knew it's for man-:))))))))

Eunice