More questions :unsure:

What's quicker? K1 or K3 visa?

Bags

Deja vu!............

Now why does that question sound so familiar? Could it be that it has been posted a few times before?

Here's some more deja vu. Do a search on the topic and see what you find.

To answer that question with a question..........who knows?

Ah shucks Tony don't be so hard on the new guy lol. Bags it depends a lot on which service center you have to go through. If you can file the I-129 F for a fiance visa through the Vermont service center then the K-1 could be faster. Otherwise it may or may not be a wash. The process ebbs and flows. The K-1 has a few advantages in my opinion. There is less paperwork to file, less fees, easier name change once she gets here, a quicker social security number and overall less hassle. On the other hand it is strictly a personal choice matter. Many feel more comfortable being married. It often gives the Chinese fiance a stronger sense of security. Also you can get a tax identification number for her and claim her on your income taxes while you are waiting. On the other hand the K-1 gives you 90 days to try each other on for size before making the plunge to get married.

My CR-1 was approved 6-22. It has been at the consulate since December. The K3 was approved December 21. I talked to my wife this morning, and it appears that she has received the P3 for the K3 already. The CR-1 is still going through security checks. We were all set and prepared to take the CR-1 path, but now I do not know. I have heard that the K3 will terminate to the CR-1. But........ if we can get the interview sooner, maybe the K3 path is better now. Any suggestions?

My CR-1 was approved 6-22.  It has been at the consulate since December.  The K3 was approved December 21.  I talked to my wife this morning, and it appears that she has received the P3 for the K3 already.  The CR-1 is still going through security checks.  We were all set and prepared to take the CR-1 path, but now I do not know.  I have heard that the K3 will terminate to the CR-1.  But........ if we can get the interview sooner, maybe the K3 path is better now.  Any suggestions?

According to the LIFE Act, a K-3 visa may be issued when "an immigrant visa is not immediately availiable to the alien."

If the I-130 is at post, the applicant must proceed with the IV processing and may not choose to apply instead for the K-3. If the I-130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the applicant has already commenced K-3 application (by returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives at post, he/she may continue to process the K-3 rather than switch to IV processing.

REF: A) STATE057338 B ) FEDERAL REGISTER VOL. 66, NO. 174, SEPTEMBER 7, 2001