filing I-485

Hi,

I am just getting ready to file all our AOS papers and am wondering about the vaccination suppliment the I-485 asks for. When I contacted the USCIS helpline the woman told me since she had the full physical as part of the K-1 we did not need to file anything, yet when I read her the instruction from the I-485 requiring vaccination suppliment for K-1 she said just file a copy of the form or book that I have which is a small yellow booklet with her immunizations in it. The cover of the booklet reads (International Certificate of Vaccination). Has anyone filed this booklet as the vaccination suppliment with the I-485, or if not what should I use and how do I get it?

Thanks,

Jeff

Don is correct. The form is the I-693 supplimental and as far as I know you can only get it from a civil surgeon. It must be sealed in an evelope by the doctor. Ours was merely put in a white business envelope and had written on it INS and signed and dated by the doctor. I submitted ours with our I-485 but others have waited and taken it with them to the AOS interveiw. The interviewing officer never said anything about it but she had in the folder in front of her.

Update for Portland ~

The I - 693 supplimental is now standard in the adjustment of status packet ..

BUT ! 

AFTER JAN. 15  THEY WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT WALK INS TO DISCUSS MATTERS AT THE COUNTER---- IT MUST BE DONE BY AN INTERNET APPOINTMENT ONLY !!!

Hmmm, I would feel sorry for you Portlanders but....Memphis hasn't allowed walkins since the year 1282 and for the I-485 Portland is currently processing August 2004. Memphis is processing June, 2002. Ya'll will have your green card while we are still waiting for our K visas to grow mold and turn geenish. How unfair is this as the wet portland climate is so much more condusive for mold growth.

I think that august date for I-485 processing is inaccurate unless they stopped processing them right after Bing and I. We filed the end of July, had our AOS interview in a little less than 12 weeks and she recieved her green card 3 weeks after that. All total 15 weeks start to finish. Of course since we had to file our I-129F through NSC and that took 186 days I kinda figure they owed me one.

The CIS processing dates better be correct! I am watching it like a hawk!

According to their date, after 13 months, we are next in line for the AOS interview! and should our date pass without receiving any kind of CIS notice, then they will be getting to know me on a first name basis because I will be calling everyday!........ :D

Don is correct.  The form is the I-693 supplimental and as far as I know you can only get it from a civil surgeon.  It must be sealed in an evelope by the doctor.  Ours was merely put in a white business envelope and had written on it INS and signed and dated by the doctor. I submitted ours with our I-485 but others have waited and taken it with them to the AOS interveiw. The interviewing officer never said anything about it but she had in the folder in front of her.

I donloaded a copy of the supplemental form to I-693 off the internet somewhere.. took me a while to find it. It took me longer to find a civil surgeon whe would just do the suplement. (cost 25 bucks). All thre rest wonted 300 bucks for a full exam..

Iv got this name if someone from Portland needs it. If you hit me hard enough I can cough it up.. I have just faxed over the shot book to them to see what else is needed...

Filling for AOS---is like starting all over again with the immigration process..

(same papers---differant dates)

George

Kim, I wasn't aware that Portland was going to INFOPASS like many other areas.  Another timely point is Portland will be in Phase II regarding AOS filings. In April, AOS filings will be mailed to Chicago and processed at NBC. When they are done, the file will be sent to Portland for the interview. Washington and California are also Phase II along with a few other western states.

Here's the link

If the link doesn't work, go to the USCIS home page and at the bottom is an announcement titled "Address Change For Certain Immigration Filings Beginning December 1, 2004".

Interesting Don, I sent in my AOS paerwork in May of 2004. They were forwarded from Memphis to Chicago. My reciept and bio-testing paperwork came from Chicago but Memphis claims to be handling it while New Orleans is the district office over Memphis. Now i understand why--I think. And now I think I understand why they are working on June of 2002.

Don is correct.  The form is the I-693 supplimental and as far as I know you can only get it from a civil surgeon.  It must be sealed in an evelope by the doctor.  Ours was merely put in a white business envelope and had written on it INS and signed and dated by the doctor.   I submitted ours with our I-485 but others have waited and taken it with them to the AOS interveiw.   The interviewing officer never said anything about it but she had in the folder in front of her.

I donloaded a copy of the supplemental form to I-693 off the internet somewhere.. took me a while to find it. It took me longer to find a civil surgeon whe would just do the suplement. (cost 25 bucks). All thre rest wonted 300 bucks for a full exam..

Iv got this name if someone from Portland needs it. If you hit me hard enough I can cough it up.. I have just faxed over the shot book to them to see what else is needed...

Filling for AOS---is like starting all over again with the immigration process..

George

UPDATE

I just did the supplimental I-693 today... cost 25.00. For the signed sealed envelope shot record signed by the doc. I had my SO get shots before she left China about a month ago... this was all that was needed--no more shots needed.... Her son needed a TB shot to get into school... The gal said the shots here cost about 170.00 per person if done here... I had them done near the consulate in Gaungzhou for 35 bucks..

This would be a good buy for everyone..

Some of the shots depend on what age you are---so this not shots needed might not rigng true for some with small k/4 or k/2

Don is correct.  The form is the I-693 supplimental and as far as I know you can only get it from a civil surgeon.  It must be sealed in an evelope by the doctor.  Ours was merely put in a white business envelope and had written on it INS and signed and dated by the doctor.   I submitted ours with our I-485 but others have waited and taken it with them to the AOS interveiw.   The interviewing officer never said anything about it but she had in the folder in front of her.

George

UPDATE

I just did the supplimental I-693 today... cost 25.00. For the signed sealed envelope shot record signed by the doc. I had my SO get shots before she left China about a month ago... this was all that was needed--no more shots needed.... Her son needed a TB shot to get into school... The gal said the shots here cost about 170.00 per person if done here... I had them done near the consulate in Gaungzhou for 35 bucks..

This would be a good buy for everyone..

Some of the shots depend on what age you are---so this not shots needed might not rigng true for some with small k/4 or k/2

The school might want the boy to get the hepatitis B shots also.

I'm not sure how all that works with schools around the country. My step-daughter had to get it done.

Thanks all,

Well, I just got the suppliment myself today as well, but mine was free of charge. Turns out Jade got all the shots she will need. The doctor marked on all the Vaccines she didnt have in the "Not Appropriate Age" column. FYI for anyone getting the shots in China - you only need the MMR, Td and Varicella vaccines to fill US requirments it looks like. The name on the top of the form is - SUPPLEMENTAL FORM TO I-693. The doctor fills out the form then seals it in an evelope which is not opened until USCIS looks at it. He also gave me a copy of the form for my records.

I mailed all my AOS forms today - hoping to get AP for China trip in April.

Jeff

Update for Portland ~

The I - 693 supplimental is now standard in the adjustment of status packet ..

BUT !  

AFTER JAN. 15  THEY WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT WALK INS TO DISCUSS MATTERS AT THE COUNTER---- IT MUST BE DONE BY AN INTERNET APPOINTMENT ONLY !!!

Kim, I wasn't aware that Portland was going to INFOPASS like many other areas. Another timely point is Portland will be in Phase II regarding AOS filings. In April, AOS filings will be mailed to Chicago and processed at NBC. When they are done, the file will be sent to Portland for the interview. Washington and California are also Phase II along with a few other western states.

Here's the link

If the link doesn't work, go to the USCIS home page and at the bottom is an announcement titled "Address Change For Certain Immigration Filings Beginning December 1, 2004".

Naturally they will change the system in Portland. It's too fast and efficient. They simplly can't tolerate that. Prudence would dictate to file AOS in Portland ASAP.

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks all,

Well, I just got the suppliment myself today as well, but mine was free of charge.  Turns out Jade got all the shots she will need.  The doctor marked on all the Vaccines she didnt have in the "Not Appropriate Age" column.  FYI for anyone getting the shots in China - you only need the MMR, Td and Varicella vaccines to fill US requirments it looks like.  The name on the top of the form is - SUPPLEMENTAL FORM TO I-693.  The doctor fills out the form then seals it in an evelope which is not opened until USCIS looks at it.  He also gave me a copy of the form for my records.

I mailed all my AOS forms today - hoping to get AP for China trip in April.

Jeff

The question is should I try to get the 2nd round of shots. It would be very easy since we will stay a couple days in GZ before leaving for HK.

I realize 3 Portland boys were consistent in only having done the first round and thats it.

:)