Just so crazy I had to post it

A friend of mine, a gal in the Philippines is married to a US citizen. They have been trying to get her visa since last October.

Her petition is still at the INS. Since I learned alot about getting things done in the immigration process lately, I volunteered to help her and her husband as much as I could. The husband provided me his last receipt number from the INS so I looked up his case on their new online status system. It said they expected their wait to be another 500 - 600 days.

Folks, this is just to get out of the INS, this doesnt include the embassy processing time in Manila :P

OMG!!! When I read that I almost fell out of my seat!!!

I know I'm singing to the chior here, and I myself waited a year to get Yan here... but imagine your INS processing time taking that long. I am on a crusade now...my mission is to help this poor couple get this done!

A friend of mine, a gal in the Philippines is married to a US citizen.  They have been trying to get her visa since last October.

Her petition is still at the INS.  Since I learned alot about getting things done in the immigration process lately, I volunteered to help her and her husband as much as I could.  The husband provided me his last receipt number from the INS so I looked up his case on their new online status system.  It said they expected their wait to be another 500 - 600 days. 

Folks, this is just to get out of the INS, this doesnt include the embassy processing time in Manila :P

OMG!!! When I read that I almost fell out of my seat!!!

I know I'm singing to the chior here, and I myself waited a year to get Yan here... but imagine your INS processing time taking that long.  I am on a crusade now...my mission is to help this poor couple get this done!

Don't worry!

Philippines timeline is always very short!!! DOS does not require Philippino to have security check. I don't know why. I think, Philippines does not have any terrorist activities. I think it does, but DOS does not think so, and DOS always puts American public safety first. :o :D

That is one of the things that really burns me about this whole thing. They always insert the little disclaimer that this is all due to the need for Homeland security but then they give expedited treatment to countries that have long standing terrorism issues while slowing applications from countries where such is a rarety.

For a green card application, it DOES take that long, if not longer. At least the recording is candid about it.

For a K1, for example, CSC’s recording says 30days, but it often takes them 3 times long. One message I heard, after I had to submit some additional evidence, was this:

“On xx/xx we received your response to our request for evidence for information. It normally takes between 20 to 30 days for us to process this kind of case. However, because preliminary processing is complete, before we requested the additional material, the remaining processing time for this stage of this case is approximately … 30 days.”

What a creative way to use the word “However”?

:D :P :lol: :D