She is here!

My sweet Lan got here on Dec. 19 and we have been getting settled in for the last couple weeks. Now I have to get more papers filed but what first? She is kind of bored being home while I am at work since we are in the burbs where you need to drive to get anywhere. I think she might be interested in getting a job at the local Chinese restaurant but she needs a SS# or equivellent. We want to get married in January but I guess we have to apply for a license. Any pointers? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Within about 70 days of her arrival go down and get married. Take a certified copy of your marriage licence and her passport with the I-94 in it to the Social Security office. Fill out an application with her new married name. Once the SSN comes she can get a drivers licence in her married name. She will then have an ID and SSN so you can put her on your bank account. Go to a civil surgeon in your area and have him fill out and sign an I-693 suplimental. If she had her vacinations in China you can save a lot of money. If she didn't she will need to get them now. Next step is to fill out the I-485 and file for AOS. You will also need to file an I-864 affidavit of support.

I am confused  ;)  Part of Yaya's K1 was to get a medical exam in China.  I thought that was good enough.  But we still need to get another medical exam here in the USA?  Where is this I-693 Supplemental (USCIS only has I-693...no supplemental)?

the supplement only cost me 25 bucks... but call around.... most places only wonted to do the full exam at about 300 bucks..

The doc will have the paper work you need and fill it out for you.

George