AOS paperwork

We are now married and in the U.S. after our K-1 visa was approved last month. Now we are starting what seems to be an even bigger pain in the @$$ of paperwork. I was so confused by the differing opinions on which forms needed to be submited that we went down to the local office here in AZ to get the forms directly from them. This way I was hoping that I would get only those forms that I would need to file for my particular filing location.

According to the stack of papers I was given at my local BCIS office, my filing location for AOS is Chicago.

Included in the packet they gave me was a checklist. The checklist requests several forms and documents in order to complete the process. one of the forms is listed as I-693(medical examination), my wife has already had her med exam during the k-1 process and it has been within the one year. what should I do about this form?

my next question is in regards to the I-797 petition approval notice. We seem to have misplaced it. I have heard of some people printing out the confirmation of approval from the BCIS "case status" webpage. has anyone had any eperience with this in the past? and what experiences in general with the Chicago office for AOS?

Thanks! :D

Hmmmm I'd pull out all the stops to find that NOA-2. If you even only have a photo copy use that. That will buy you a little time to find the original You need it for AOS. As far as the I-693 goes you only need the I-693 supplimental for vaccinations. You have to go to a civil surgeon for this. Some will try to tell you have to have a new exam. They are just trying to milk you. We found one here in Portland that didn't even charge us for it since we had the vaccinations done in GZ.

The NOA2 is required to be sent in with the I-485. If you can't locate it, you will need to file a form to get a replacement and pay $195.

Our NOA2 was taken at the airport with many other papers that should not have been taken. While I was waiting outside of customs they took all Mei's papers, the packet we wanted to give them and the back up copies and originals. When my wife said those papers are not for you the guy asked her "do you want to go back to China"?

Of course she said no and gave them to him. I could not get in after or talk to anyone. When we filed we wrote the story, signed it and notorized it. We have been scheduled our interview is on Jan 18th. So I guess we will see what happens.

Our NOA2 was taken at the airport with many other papers that should not have been taken.  While I was waiting outside of customs they took all Mei's papers, the packet we wanted to give them and the back up copies and originals.  When my wife said those papers are not for you the guy asked her "do you want to go back to China"?

Absolutely terrible to hear...I am sorry.

If you do not mins sharing with us which POE you used, so that we can be sure to avoid it, I am sure that we would be most appreciative.

Good Luck!

I asked the information officer at my local BCIS office if it was ok to send the print-out from the website in place of the actual I-797(noa2), she said that its acceptability would depend on the officer processing the AOS.

Sounds like a crap shoot! what kind of odds will I get on this action in Vegas?

:blink:

Hmmmm I'd pull out all the stops to find that NOA-2. If you even only have a photo copy use that.  That will buy you a little time to find the original You need it for AOS. As far as the I-693 goes you only need the I-693 supplimental for vaccinations. You have to go to a civil surgeon for this.  Some will try to tell you have to have a new exam.  They are just trying to milk you.  We found one here in Portland that didn't even charge us for it since we had the vaccinations done in GZ.

Who did you use????

Iv got two to do---so free is better than the 25 bucks each that I have found...

Note: I-693 can be submitted with I-465 or you can wait and take it with you to the AOS interview. Some centers are taking 2-3 years to complete the AOS so if you are dealing with one of those, the data on the I-693 may expire before then. I am waiting before I go to the civil surgeon.

As for filing in chicago, i believe that everyone will be sending your paperwork to chicago now but your local BCIS/INS/UCIS--or whatever they call themselves-will still be handling everything.

Hmmmm I'd pull out all the stops to find that NOA-2. If you even only have a photo copy use that.  That will buy you a little time to find the original You need it for AOS.   As far as the I-693 goes you only need the I-693 supplimental for vaccinations.   You have to go to a civil surgeon for this.  Some will try to tell you have to have a new exam.  They are just trying to milk you.  We found one here in Portland that didn't even charge us for it since we had the vaccinations done in GZ.

Who did you use????

Iv got two to do---so free is better than the 25 bucks each that I have found...

Sorry I didn't catch that in time. I did send you an email or a pm though with the doctors info in it. I hope he isn't the one that charged you 25 dollars though. Even at that though it is cheaper than 600 for two exams.