Being at Wifes interview

Guest Bill

Hello, am new to this site. I have read some of the post. My wifes interview is Jan. 24th, 2005. I was told that I can not even go into building at time of her interview. I was wondering, does anyone here know just how important it is to at least be in China while my wife has her interview, so she can tell them, I am outside waiting. Also, was wondering how many, if any, chinese wifes got their Visa and passed interview, with their Husbands not being there.

Thanks

Bill

Louisiana

P.S. would love to hear from anyone haveing wifes here or coming here, close to Louisiana. My Wife is from Zhanjiang, China

There has been a lot of posts on this issue. The general concensus is if you can make it there, then you should go. It's not documented as a requirement, but definately recommended.

Good luck with your interview and welcome to CFL.

Note: I just noticed the member #. There was about 700 that signed up on CFL in the last year. About 2 people per day. CFL grew 100% in the last year. Where can I buy stock in the board? 100% is a pretty good APR.

Hi Bill, I think it does help to be there for the interview. We debated this topic a while back. It's not a requirement, and plenty of people got the visa without being there. In my opinion, it probably increases the chance of success from, say, 95% to 99%. It doesn't guarantee success. In my own opinion, I wasn't nearly as worried about the outcome of the interview as I was how my fiancee would feel. If she got blue-slipped and I wasn't there for her-- wow, that would have been tough. So, basically, if you can make it without going into debt or losing your job, I'd say go for it.

Welcome to CFL, Bill. I'm in Oklahoma. My wife has the same interview date as yours does. I will be in Guangzhou to wring my hands while my wife is in the interview. It is considered a good thing to be there and for the wife to take your Passport into the interview with her. If anything comes up like a request for a video of the two of you communicating it can be handled quickly.

Being present does not guarantee a Visa, several CFL members have had their SO's refused the Visa. I think it is always overcome.

Best wishes for a successful interview.

At the one year mark I will be maxed out on my vacation time

and have pleanty of dough saved as I've been in a "maximum"

savings effort since June.

I think I may go.

I've been stuck in the NVC since August.

Why do the service centers in the east move so fast?

Does the government have something aginst California?

Hey, Mark is a great name!!!

We are all wonderful people!

:-)

Yes, it is a great name, but you all spell it the same no originality :D You know how about a few Marc's or how about marq or PMark (silent P) :D

:D Welcome Aboard Bill :P

(Thank God Your Not another Mark, we've got them coming out of the woodwork) :P

Welcome to CFL Bill!

A recent survey of CFL has found 1 out of every three CFL member to be named Mark- I just joked about Mark 63's handle- "Are you the 63rd Mark here?".

I am beginning to believe using ""Mark"" is an alias here- "Hi, I'm John Doe (or Mr. Smith) and I would like a hotel room, please".

In conclusion: Would the real Mark please stand up! :D Richard

I hope this comment hits the "Mark" for you Gene (a fellow Non Mark): are you "Marc"ing  your time on CFL? :D  See ya are almost at the one year "Marque", Gene. I "Phmarked" my calender so Max wouldn't take all my vacation time.

I will take that as a confirmation that I am going CrAzY, Thanks for going with me Richard, it can be lonely here at the bottom :P

Now that I have completely hijacked this thread :D Sorry Bill

I plan on being there for the interview, whether it makes any difference or not I don't know, but like someone else said I can't imagine her being there by herself if she were to get a blue slip and I want us to be together to share the joy of a Visa in hand :P