Time spent in GZ before interview

Our big day is coming up in a few weeks and was just wondering how many days others are planning to arrive before the interview?

Being the fact we have to do a medical exam I was thinking 3 days before her interview date or is this cutting it close???

Any suggestion or experiences

John,

Guangzhou is really a cool city, and this is the best time of the year to visit!

Fei and I just got back, and while we went to check out Sanya this time just before her interview, we allowed several days after (just in case of a blue slip) ---- and did a lot of shopping etc. One thing that I highly recommend is taking a river cruise/dinner buffet ---- did this with Fei's parents, and it was really enjoyable! Many of the buildings are illluminated, and from the water Guangzhou has more interesting architecture than Shanghai's Bund..

Being the fact we have to do a medical exam I was thinking 3 days before her interview date or is this cutting it close???

3 days is too close. Your better half should get the medical exam done before you get to GZ. If for any reason the results get held up or lost you'll have time to redo the exam (Which is no biggie actually)

On interview - 3 you should have your video taken care of, and dropped off at the hotel across from the White Swan for conversion into a VHS tape.

On interview - 2 you should pick up the VHS format tape and make certain all your papers are in order.

On interview -1... enjoy your last normal day. The decision to give/deny her the visa has already been made, and there is nothing you can do but keep a bottle of champaign :D and jar of vaseline on hand :rolleyes: .

On the day of the interview: Wake up early, have breakfast, drop her off at the consulate while you go make a slow, relaxing walk around island perimeter.

Our interview was on a Thursday. We got in on Sunday. Did the Med Exam On Monday. Kicked back until we could pick up Med Exam on Weds. Praticed interview Qs. Then did the Interview Thursday and went back Friday to get the Visa. Then we kicked our heels up for a week in Kunming visiting family (who made me fatter with all the great food). :blink:

John,

Guangzhou is really a cool city, and this is the best time of the year to visit! 

Fei and I just got back, and while we went to check out Sanya this time just before her interview, we allowed several days after (just in case of a blue slip) ---- and did a lot of shopping etc.  One thing that I highly recommend is taking a river cruise/dinner buffet ---- did this with Fei's parents, and it was really enjoyable!  Many of the buildings are illluminated, and from the water Guangzhou has more interesting architecture than Shanghai's Bund..

Thanks for all the tips everyone

She works as an English tour guide in China so we will pass on the video tape right now.

Sanya.... Did that last year for spring fest. Highly recommended

I have been to GZ many times on business so I think a few days early and some shopping would suffice.