Letter of Employment

I work for the famously irrational government. The agency I work for will no longer provide letters of employment. Employment verification must be obtained from the web after I login first and give my consent. Well obviously Yue can't walk into the interview with my consent to log on to the internet and be taken seriously. Never mind that one government agency is demanding something that another government agency is no longer willing to provide.

Well, my boss understands this delima if the pencil pushers do not, and is willig to sign off. But what does it look like? I will probably have to type it up my self... and quickly.

I haven't needed something like this in years. Does anyone have an example for format and content?

When I told my boss I would need a letter from him about my employment, he was nice enough to tell me to write it up and he would sign it. Nice, huh?

I was thinking of something along these lines:

Jan x, 2005

To: The American Consulate at Guangzhou, China

Re: Employment of Steve X

Dear Consulate Officer

My name is Dan X and I am the owner of ZYX company where Steve is employed as our Technical Operations Manager. He has worked for us since X date and his current salary is $XXX per year. Steve has been an essential part of our company and is included in our long term plans. Please feel free to contact me to verify these statements.

Thank you,

Signed

Dan X

And what do those of us who are self employed write?

Dear Gz,

My name is John X. I hired John X. He is the best employee we have. He is also the best boss we have. I can guarantee you he will never be fired. Please give his fiancee a visa, as this will make him very happy. If he is happy, I will be happy.

Signed by John X's boss,

John X

:D

John: Thanks for the Friday morning giggles! A perfect way to start the end of the week!

Company name

Department name

1111 Executive Parkway (company Add)

Cleveland, Oh 11111

Phone number: 000-000-0000 (company phone no)

Fax number: 000-000-0000

Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 11:00pm est, Saturday 8:00am – 5:00pm est.

The following information is provided to your request for an Employment Plus Income Verification on 00/00/2004.

Verification type: Employment & Income Verification

Information current as of: 00/00/2004

Employer: Company name

Headquarters address: 5555 n Plaza Dr

City: Chicago

State: IL

Zip code: 11111

Division: your dept

Employee: your full name

Social Security Number: 000-00-0000

Employment status: Active, full time & permanent

Most recent start date: 00/00/1990

Total time with employer: tba

Job title: your current position

Rate of pay: $000.00 weekly $00.00 per hour

Average hours per pay period: 40 hours

(list for prior 3 years).

Base pay:

Overtime:

Commission:

Bonuses:

Other income:

Total income:

Sincerely,

Department manager signature

Department manager title

Well there it is.

That is what the letter I have looks like.

Posting it here will not allow for tabs but after each colon there should be a tab. Also the income totals near the end are listed for 3 years and are also lined up by tab.

Things of importance, Employment status: Active, full time & permanent should be on the letter also it should be signed by a department head and should be on letter head.

Hope it helps.

A Letter of employment can be written just like any business letter. The only diference is that you will be getting it notarized,and chain authenticated. That means translated into the native language of your fiance. It has to describe your job title and duties as well as your wages. Obviously the better your position the better your chances of success. Of course a letter that says your a good fella dosent hurt. It needs to be on company letterhead with contact information for your employer.

Enigma

And what do those of us who are self employed write?

Dear Gz,

My name is John X. I hired John X. He is the best employee we have. He is also the best boss we have. I can guarantee you he will never be fired. Please give his fiancee a visa, as this will make him very happy. If he is happy, I will be happy.

Signed by John X's boss,

John X

:)

John: Thanks for the Friday morning giggles! A perfect way to start the end of the week!

Hey Man,

I really like that one. My boss is Ling she pay good and the fringe benefits are excellant. The only trouble is that I take my work home with me,and I work 24/7. Just Like the Chinese.